Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

Freeze Warning

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service New York NY 354 PM EDT Wed May 17 2023 NYZ067-181000- /O.CON.KOKX.FZ.W.0001.230518T0500Z-230518T1200Z/ Orange- 354 PM EDT Wed May 17 2023 ...FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 8 AM EDT THURSDAY... * WHAT...Near freezing to sub-freezing temperatures expected. * WHERE...Orange County. * WHEN...From 1 AM to 8 AM EDT Thursday. * IMPACTS...Frost and freeze conditions will kill crops, other sensitive vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor plumbing. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Take steps now to protect tender plants from the cold. To prevent freezing and possible bursting of outdoor water pipes they should be wrapped, drained, or allowed to drip slowly. Those that have in-ground sprinkler systems should drain them and cover above- ground pipes to protect them from freezing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

As I was driving home from being over your way I was driving into the haze as there were blue skies behind me. 

Has to be just stunning burn area, we are at least 1000 miles away from the source of the smoke,

The smoke sux :( Gonna be a long fire season... It's going to get worse too, CA has made it really difficult to do prescribed burns and fuel clearing due to Spotted Owl territory. This means all of the new growth from all the moisture the last few months will be ready to burn by midsummer. There are similar issues in places through all of the western states so there's going to be more fuel ready to burn than in previous years. Yay :tomato:

Looks like at my level on the hill it got to 35°, the top stayed above 39 and I found two 33° lows below me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Covered everything yesterday before i went to work, doubt ill have any issues but my luck with veggies hasnt been great. Hopefully the groundhog who steals my peppers every year froze to death lol

Just uncovered the garden, held up well minus some damn bug that got to the eggplant leaves last night while under protection, dammit. 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Just uncovered the garden, held up well minus some damn bug that got to the eggplant leaves last night while under protection, dammit. 

Good morning Rob. Even in the UHI tropics, I stuck to old family traditions and never planted non salad vegetables before Memorial Day. I remember hearing the refrain that tomatoes shiver when it’s in the 40’s. I’m pretty sure they were talking about the plant. Stay well and I pray your crop is bountiful. As always …..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning Rob. Even in the UHI tropics, I stuck to old family traditions and never planted non salad vegetables before Memorial Day. I remember hearing the refrain that tomatoes shiver when it’s in the 40’s. I’m pretty sure they were talking about the plant. Stay well and I pray your crop is bountiful. As always …..

The bride was ambitious this year so then I can't help but get involved. My domain is the yard...where she has no desire to get involved LOL. 

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

The bride was ambitious this year so then I can't help but get involved. My domain is the yard...where she has no desire to get involved LOL. 

Her love keeps you warm and so it will extend to your vegetables. As always ….

On 5/19/2023 at 8:22 AM, IrishRob17 said:

This is what it looked like at times yesterday while mowing thanks to the latest dry spell and pollen…no Bx, this isn’t actually me…

IMG_0449.jpeg

I know, that old guy still has hair. 

• Haha 1