Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

I raked a bit yesterday but the soil is still pretty damp 

At this rate im probably going to be mowing right after easter. 

oh and ill post this in the reg banter thread too, but for anyone looking still, @Juliancolton i know has mentioned it….hotels are getting very very scarce for the eclipse next april upstate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

oh and ill post this in the reg banter thread too, but for anyone looking still, @Juliancolton i know has mentioned it….hotels are getting very very scarce for the eclipse next april upstate. 

at this rate people will just drive up there a few hours before the eclipse and hang out by the side of the road and then leave as soon as it ends lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

And Bonnie Tyler is stuck in my head...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

at this rate people will just drive up there a few hours before the eclipse and hang out by the side of the road and then leave as soon as it ends lol

Like hell they will. The Thruway will be Arlo Guthrie levels of blocked if the weather looks good. After seeing what I-81 was like in the relative middle of nowhere in 2017, I'm fully convinced that if you're not positioned upstate 2 days ahead of time, you're just not gonna get there from downstate.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Like hell they will. The Thruway will be Arlo Guthrie levels of blocked if the weather looks good. After seeing what I-81 was like in the relative middle of nowhere in 2017, I'm fully convinced that if you're not positioned upstate 2 days ahead of time, you're just not gonna get there from downstate.

It sounds like an utter and total nightmare.  The good thing about this eclipse being on a Monday is that people should have enough time to get there by the weekend.

I'm planning on being there on Saturday.  I just hope the weather will be good, early April is pretty dicey.

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

April 8th....it's basically from Buffalo through Rochester Syracuse and Watertown.

I meant 2024 but thanks. 

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Can zoom/pan this map and get interactive data

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2024-april-8

Perfect. I can think of some cool places through that swath to watch an eclipse. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

You had that much rain...AND thunder?!!  Had a couple periods of gusty winds that over-performed in comparison to its radar  presentation 

The wind changed from the west around 2pm along with the dewpts and humidity dropping rapidly put the end of the show for us folks up this way. 

On 4/2/2023 at 5:03 AM, IrishRob17 said:

KMGJ did gust to 49 during one of the windier bursts when the showers were working through. 

I was at the Easter egg hunt at the Social Island farm in Goshen Sunday morning. It was 41 degrees with a wind gusting in the 40’s. Amazing too see the black dirt blowing around. The conditions didn’t slow down the kids a bit. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

I was at the Easter egg hunt at the Social Island farm in Goshen Sunday morning. It was 41 degrees with a wind gusting in the 40’s. Amazing too see the black dirt blowing around. The conditions didn’t slow down the kids a bit. 

Many years ago now I worked at the county nursing home off of Quarry Road and there were some interesting "dust storms" from the black dirt. Nothing like out west but enough to reduce visibility and leave the car covered in dirt. 

• Like 2