Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Just speaking for my yard, I can't imagine having reported anything other than the 24 hour max depth during this particular event... and even that was a rather fleeting high-water mark, obtained only by watching the board like a hawk. But my final total was 9.0", with the core melted down to 1.52" for a 6:1 storm SLR.

My maximum depth yesterday was 2.0", but wiping the blue ice pack board every 6 hours yielded 6", three inches of which stuck to the cold packs while the lawn was still green.

Reporting 2" just doesn't seem right when I can nearly double my seasonal total by using the ice pack measurements.

Total LE here was 1.85".  C'est la vie.

...actual seasonal snowfall total is now a whopping 8.6", snow depth this morning was 2" (rounded), snow depth this afternoon is zippo.  Maybe something is left in the shade somewhere.

• Haha 3

It is amazing what a March sun and a 38 degree day will do to what was yesterday a 10 inch, albeit briefly, snowpack.

Started this morning with 9 inches otg and was about 5 by sunset. The same temperature in mid December or early January we would barely lose an inch of that. Just another reason I prefer December snow over Mid and late March.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

My maximum depth yesterday was 2.0", but wiping the blue ice pack board every 6 hours yielded 6", three inches of which stuck to the cold packs while the lawn was still green.

Reporting 2" just doesn't seem right when I can nearly double my seasonal total by using the ice pack measurements.

...actual seasonal snowfall total is now a whopping 8.6", snow depth this morning was 2" (rounded), snow depth this afternoon is zippo.  Maybe something is left in the shade somewhere.

Instead of heated driveways perhaps chilled yards will become a new thing?

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Sneaky chilly morning here at 18F. Makes me extra glad the power came back on yesterday. 

An unimpressive 27 IMBY

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

I like this ice method!  It measures the actual amount of snow that fell from the sky, which is the real experience of seeing snow fall, who cares whether it sticks to some surface or not!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

48 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Oh someone's got jokes!  Someone has...jokes! 

Time for me to make this my personal blog 

It was a wonderful day. Crisp and mild. Verdant new green enhanced by early blooming spring flowers. Our nations cement foundation has a great deal of Irish blood and tears in its mix. A Day all will continue to enjoy. As always …

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

The last April Fools storm was a disaster here. I would be ok with it if that doesn't happen again.

Were you living in the same spot then?

I remember an electrical fire on the power lines/transformer down the hill on Croton Falls Rd. made the entire sky turn red at my parents house. It was crazy to look at...it was night and supposed to be entirely dark and you could see almost like it was day from the sky being lit up from the fire.

• Sad 1

Yup. 17" of paste took a branch down on the tree in our front yard that landed right on the power line to the house. It sparked all night long and scorched the side of the house,I think the only reason it didn't light the house up was the heavy, wind driven snow being blown right into it. I heard about that transformer fire the next day. 

• Sad 1

On 3/23/2023 at 12:26 PM, gravitylover said:

Yup. 17" of paste took a branch down on the tree in our front yard that landed right on the power line to the house. It sparked all night long and scorched the side of the house,I think the only reason it didn't light the house up was the heavy, wind driven snow being blown right into it. I heard about that transformer fire the next day. 

Woh! That’s exciting.  Glad you’re ok.

• Like 1