Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

12 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Then that 10” in Bloomingburg doesn’t seem nearly as dubious, areas to my immediate west are coming in with the same 1-3” range I finished at. Strange. 

edit: Kiamesha with 10.5 as well, this is going to be one heck of a gradient in just this county then.

3.5” otg snowing moderately 

temp 29 roads wet 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

wow only 1-3 inches in the Poconos?  that forecast for MPO is going to bust big time!

There’s a sharp cutoff to the south from the bands pivoting in from the north/ northeast now. Pike and Wayne county, (where I’m located in the northern Poconos) have been snowing non stop all am. Checking cameras, anything south of Mt. Pocono, 30 min south of me;  simply doesn’t seem to be producing anything lol. I’m  eyeballing an easy 6” here in my Part of the Poconos, on the north western portion of the Pocono Plateau. Keep in mind, my elevation is really helping with this setup being I’m just under 2,100’. Anyone below 1,000’ has pretty much nothing, especially to the south/ southwest.  I’ve cleaned the driveway two times already. Here’s a current photo:

D5AC7895-64AB-4BB9-BD49-A4386CAB1EC0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NepaJames8602 said:

There’s a sharp cutoff to the south from the bands pivoting in from the north/ northeast now. Pike and Wayne county, (where I’m located in the northern Poconos) have been snowing non stop all am. Checking cameras, anything south of Mt. Pocono, 30 min south of me;  simply doesn’t seem to be producing anything lol. I’m  eyeballing an easy 6” here in my Part of the Poconos, on the north western portion of the Pocono Plateau. Keep in mind, my elevation is really helping with this setup being I’m just under 2,100’. Anyone below 1,000’ has pretty much nothing, especially to the south/ southwest.  I’ve cleaned the driveway two times already. Here’s a current photo:

D5AC7895-64AB-4BB9-BD49-A4386CAB1EC0.jpeg

Yeah I got a lot more (8") from the storm last weekend.  In Carbon County near Lake Harmony, I've got the same elevation (around 2,200') as you but not the latitude lol.

5 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Yeah I got a lot more (8") from the storm last weekend.  In Carbon County near Lake Harmony, I've got the same elevation (around 2,200') as you but not the latitude lol.

Yeah, last weekend wasn’t as much here, I believe I ended up with around 6”. With this system, it will put my seasonal total right around 40” give or take. Nice to see these late season storms however; it’s a far cry from the 60 to 70” average around these parts of the Poconos lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NepaJames8602 said:

Yeah, last weekend wasn’t as much here, I believe I ended up with around 6”. With this system, it will put my seasonal total right around 40” give or take. Nice to see these late season storms however; it’s a far cry from the 60 to 70” average around these parts of the Poconos lol. 

at least it shows that elevation can see some good snow even when no one else within 100 miles does lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NepaJames8602 said:

Yeah, even with crappy winters the Poconos always produces something, especially above 2k. It wasn’t the worst winter I’ve seen, but sure wasn’t the best lol. 

I actually wonder what the worst winter at Mt Pocono was, the climate is a lot different from Scranton so the local TV stations don't really cover it too well.

Lowest snowfall total at MPO...I wonder if they ever got less than 20"?

11 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Heaviest snow rates so far. Easily two inch per hour right now. Hope I can stay in this awhile. 
8 inches otg. 31.3 and heavy snow. 

Classic setup for the eastern part of the county to cash in while we are sucking dry air here in the west. Areas above 1000’ here are doing well tho. 

• Like 4

Just now, snywx said:

Classic setup for the eastern part of the county to cash in while we are sucking dry air here in the west. Areas above 1000’ here are doing well tho. 

It’s a great snowfall here but it’s also 33 degrees so it’s not piling up for me like one would think if there saw these rates and flake size. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Man that place sucks, I'm glad I have 2,000 feet over them lol even if I'm south of them...got a cam for where I-80 and I-81 meet?  Or a cam near Lake Harmony?

Honestly, it’s a snow hole in general, but I gotta laugh at the bare ground down there. I’m literally 50 min northwest of them and basically live on a different planet lol. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

It’s a great snowfall here but it’s also 33 degrees so it’s not piling up for me like one would think if there saw these rates and flake size. 

there has been a band parked over eastern orange for a bit now. 10-12" spots are gonna pop up there

I havent been above freezing at all. Its just a lack of precip here

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, snywx said:

there has been a band parked over eastern orange for a bit now. 10-12" spots are gonna pop up there

I havent been above freezing at all. Its just a lack of precip here

This is insane when these bands come through. I've been under one for over an hour now and even at 33° I've gotten 4" making it about 6" since my 6am measurements, totaling 12 and it's coming down 2-3"/hr right now. It has taken multiple measurements to get there though because it melts fast when the rates lighten up. It was down to ~3-4" before the current band. 

4 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

This is insane when these bands come through. I've been under one for over an hour now and even at 33° I've gotten 4" making it about 6" since my 6am measurements, totaling 12 and it's coming down 2-3"/hr right now. It has taken multiple measurements to get there though because it melts fast when the rates lighten up. It was down to ~3-4" before the current band. 

I just drove the 3 miles from my house at 450 feet up to King's Ridge Road which is at about 950 feet. Crazy how different of a world it is up there than here. Here the roads are wet, maybe 3 inches in the grass because of the melting as it snows today. Up there they probably have 8 inches otg and roads are completely snowcovered.