Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

17 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Pretty much over.

1.3 inches on snowboard, closer to 2 on grass and 0 on pavement.

1.3 inches goes into the books. Second biggest "storm" of the season, and boosts the seasonal total to 6.1

I think your screen name for this season should be

CPdoesnthavetomeasuresnow lol

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

2.3" here today for a 2.7" storm total. Not bad, all things considered. It was cool driving down the Taconic this evening and watching it alternate between white and wet depending on elevation. 

I heard that happened on Bald Hill on Long Island lol.

I'm still waiting for that one storm where it's snowing on the 2nd floor of my house and raining on the ground floor (or snowing at tree top level and raining at grass level.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Already set up with a WSWatch for 5-8 before the change happens. Gotta hedge lower for me since elevation, but at least it’ll be something to close the month with.

Likely running at least 1-1.5’ below normals for this point of the season 

This prompted me to run my numbers:  Seasonal total is now 9.4", my running average to date is 19.1" so my deficit is currently 9.7".

• Like 1

I sure hope the SPC HREF verifies for Wednesday. Am losing confidence on NWS amounts and higher amounts I saw on NYC TV tonight for nw-ne suburbs, not verifying. My guess is shave an inch or two from those values and see some white rain (melting on contact) in nw NJ valleys. Just too warm right now... I think this is a bad sign, plus all recent models seem to be trending down. Maybe 00z-06z /25 cycles can rejuvenate my interest.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wdrag said:

I sure hope the SPC HREF verifies for Wednesday. Am losing confidence on NWS amounts and higher amounts I saw on NYC TV tonight for nw-ne suburbs, not verifying. My guess is shave an inch or two from those values and see some white rain (melting on contact) in nw NJ valleys. Just too warm right now... I think this is a bad sign, plus all recent models seem to be trending down. Maybe 00z-06z /25 cycles can rejuvenate my interest.

00z/25 3K nam temp here in Wantage at 10P looks spot on so I can live with the 00z/25 3K NAM which is a pretty close match to the 12z/24 SPC HREF snowfall... with  melting on pavement in nw NJ valleys but ridges do well in the W, far N and E parts of Sussex County.

• Like 1