Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

22 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Any thoughts on white vs wet tonight/early tomorrow? To me it looks white, or at least translucent, to start then turning clear and moist pretty quickly. It's warm now and with the mass moving SW > NE it should be bringing warmth with it. 

My thought is weenies are gonna fall for the 10:1 ratio snow maps, as is tradition. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Any thoughts on white vs wet tonight/early tomorrow? To me it looks white, or at least translucent, to start then turning clear and moist pretty quickly. It's warm now and with the mass moving SW > NE it should be bringing warmth with it. 

Your elevation may help but I think most of Orange, Putnam, Dutchess crew see an inch, max 2. I think tonight is rain/snow mix and it depends on whether the period of snow on the backend tomorrow morning is legit. 

• Like 1

Wantage NJ started as IPW- around 5P, then RW-/IPW- mix but now down to 33 with TD 31 and a wet snow/sleet mix. Getting slippery on many surfaces here at 640PM including pavers/ concrete/wood step, even at 33F.  I'm expecting less than 1/2" snow-sleet mix here in Wantage this eve before ZR- everywhere northern 1/2 county around 9P then prob warms to 33-34F overnight before snow drops it back to 31-32F at 7-8A and accumulates widespread 1-3" in Sussex County 8A-2P with less on pavement and especially elevations BELOW 600 feet including Sussex Airport. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Wantage NJ started as IPW- around 5P, then RW-/IPW- mix but now down to 33 with TD 31 and a wet snow/sleet mix. Getting slippery on many surfaces here at 640PM including pavers/ concrete/wood step, even at 33F.  I'm expecting less than 1/2" snow-sleet mix here in Wantage this eve before ZR- everywhere northern 1/2 county around 9P then prob warms to 33-34F overnight before snow drops it back to 31-32F at 7-8A and accumulates widespread 1-3" in Sussex County 8A-2P with less on pavement and especially elevations BELOW 600 feet including Sussex Airport. 

What’s your thinking on tomorrow afternoon after the low moves up to the northeast of us for precipitation type Walt?

18z 3K NAM map

01127704-7D33-46BF-BA70-86B1A9FBDFD1.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

18z HRRR map

F5A7889A-653E-4318-8A23-C3AF7560CB0D.png

I think 3K NAM correct:  It's a mess in SC of nw NJ because in very light precip it might DZ- or FZDZ in northern SC elevations but there almost has to be a 1-2 hour period of 3/4S- or 1/2S between roughly 8A-10A.  Melting on pavement during the afternoon and possibly on all surfaces during the afternoon depending on intensity and sfc temp.

Right now, I think there are going to be some folks possibly falling this evening around here (unsuspecting slippery stepping on untreated surfaces) as untreated pavement gets slick.  The snow is so wet you can't really know it (small flake mix with IP-).  Temp down to 32.5. I have my first tenth of sleet/snow...mostly IP-.  Also noting temps down to spotty 32 down into northern Hunterdon County on NJ CLIMAT site and 31F HP at the tippy top of NJ. Also mPing has snow in northern Warren County NJ and rain mixed with sleet down to the s of ABE.  Going to get a little slick up here.  And the 32F air sits just north of us in the morning ready to drift south  at daybreak. 

I like the idea of seeing some KBUF whitening of the ground here by 9AM tomorrow. Was fun to see the snow falling there (AGAIN!)

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, wdrag said:

I think NAM correct:  It's a mess in SC of nw NJ because in very light precept it might DZ- or FZDZ in northern SC elevations but there almost has to be a 1 1-2 hours period of 3/4S- or 1/2S between roughly 8A-10A.  Melting on pavement during the afternoon and possibly on all surfaces during the afternoon depending on intensity and sfc temp.

Right now, I think there are going to be some folks possibly falling this evening around here (unsuspecting slippery stepping on untreated surfaces) as untreated pavement gets slick.  The snow is so wet you can't really know it (small flake mix with IP-).  Temp down to 32.5. I have my first tenth of sleet/snow...mostly IP-.  Also noting temps down to spotty 32 down into northern Hunterdon County on NJ CLIMAT site and 31 HP at the tipping stop ion NJ. Also mPing has snow in northern Warren County NJ and rain mixed with sleet down to the s of ABE.  Going to get a little slick up here.  And the 32F air sits just north of us in the morning ready to drift south  at daybreak. 

I like the idea off seeing some KBUF whitening of the ground here by 9AM tomorrow. Was a fun to see the snow falling there (AGAIN!)

We’ll see what the 00z NAM will show. The 18z ticked up from the 12z run. Good too see some frozen precipitation again!

Well, Wantage NJ (lower Wantage at 740' MSL) had 0.2" snow sleet but it's now freezing rain and no longer any sleet/snow.  We might get one more burst of snow sleet prior to 10PM??  but I think it's over now til 8AM tomorrow in Wantage.  This will probably be my last measurement posted til 4A Monday.  It's 32.0F now and dew point 31.1.  Good for icing in northern Sussex County high terrain probably through 1AM... no sfc wind here.  Have a good night. 833P/22

• Like 3

Too darn warm at elevations below 800 feet to accumulate or accumulate over 1/2". Disappointing ... I guess we have time. Best snow of the morning since 1015A... probably 1 mile.  I presume at elevations above 1000 feet there will be accums but I think I interpreted too heavy.  33.4F here in Wantage at 1035A.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wdrag said:

Too darn warm at elevations below 800 feet to accumulate or accumulate over 1/2". Disappointing ... I guess we have time. Best snow of the morning since 1015A... probably 1 mile.  I presume at elevations above 1000 feet there will be accums but I think I interpreted too heavy.  33.4F here in Wantage at 1035A.

Would love to know how much snow remains on the ground near Mt Pocono at the end of this.