• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

I see flurries in NYC this morning.  Big ocean storm already has zr- ORH earlier today. Will bring accumulative snowfall to much of e MA/far e CT by midday Monday.  RGEM the only model to hint this mornings flurries.

Meanwhile 19-20 depends on a couple of things, I think. This is a GEPS-CMCE (Canadian model) storm, in large part because it does not close off an upper low on the ejecting shortwave into the Great Lakes Friday.  If the GEFS/EPS are right, very little snow ice. So, caution to the expectation due to diverse model opinions. I still lean Canadian.  In fact,  if you look back on modeling for this morning... which model had a bit of snow for CT/MA/LI this morning????? The RGEM and I think it was the RGEM only.  You're invited to check back and call me on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Woke up to this weird white stuff plastered onto the deck.

People are taking pictures of it here whole roofs are coated in white lol...I guess this is the "surprise snow" people were talking about lol

Cartops also covered with a coating of snow now and a big fat snowflake just came and stuck to my window and hasn't melted yet lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

We have a thing in Brooklyn this morning, it snowed almost the whole way down. I had a nice dusting at home before we left. 

Pretty snow while it lasted, ended at 9 but roofs and cartops had a nice coating.

This was the second most snow after that 0.5" in December.

It's snowed three times here, once in each month.  The one in November was a line of snowshowers that lasted an hour no accumulation so a "light" T , then the 0.5" in December and this which was a "heavy" trace (coatings on rooftops and cartops).  At least I got to see snow fall with this one, which wasn't the case with the other two which occurred at night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hitman said:

Woke up to this weird white stuff plastered onto the deck.

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

People are taking pictures of it here whole roofs are coated in white lol...I guess this is the "surprise snow" people were talking about lol

Cartops also covered with a coating of snow now and a big fat snowflake just came and stuck to my window and hasn't melted yet lol

12 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

We have a thing in Brooklyn this morning, it snowed almost the whole way down. I had a nice dusting at home before we left. 

Good morning Hitman, Liberty, Gravity. Apparently the postage stamp has offered a safe refuge to one of Anthony’s former avatars. At least for a brief time, this morning, it’s happy. As always ….

75CAAE19-D222-475A-94C6-3B890047153B.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Hmmm.  Quiet here too.  

Here's to snowier times <damn, there's not even a beer emoticon any more>  Inconceivable!

2 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Hmmm.  Quiet here too.  

Here's to snowier times <damn, there's not even a beer emoticon any more>  Inconceivable!

If we do get a snowy weather event this winter ,  maybe the mods can add it back for a celebration.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, MJO812 said:

What are the nice areas to live in Orabge County ?

I saw you got various replies in the other thread. One thing I’ll add is that the CITY of Newburgh and the TOWN of Newburgh are two completely different places as far as being “nice”, whatever that may mean specifically to you.  As others said, I would head further west in the other areas  mentioned if you want more average snowfall. 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2023 at 10:34 PM, MJO812 said:

What are the nice areas to live in Orabge County ?

As a snow nut I'm going to make your life easy. Move to Highland Mills in Eastern Orange County.

You will be in the Cornwall or Monroe school district, you're far enough east to catch the brunt of most major NorEasters and more importantly the elevation of most areas of the town are 550 to 900 feet. Try to avoid the river towns along the Hudson where the elevation is a paltry 150-250 feet, you can get burned in these towns on borderline events.

I'm averaging 53 inches per year here, and more importantly the snow sticks around most winters, present winter not included.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

As a snow nut I'm going to make your life easy. Move to Highland Mills in Eastern Orange County.

You will be in the Cornwall or Monroe school district, you're far enough east to catch the brunt of most major NorEasters and more importantly the elevation of most areas of the town are 550 to 900 feet. Try to avoid the river towns along the Hudson where the elevation is a paltry 150-250 feet, you can get burned in these towns on borderline events.

I'm averaging 53 inches per year here, and more importantly the snow sticks around most winters, present winter not included.

I was looking up houses over there.

Are there alot of things to do up there ? Alot of stores ?

3 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Folks like @snywxand I may sneak in an advisory event with Sunday-Monday, but if I want to find the highest totals I probably need to go to at least 1k+, not sure how much that’d matter especially if it could just get all washed away come Wednesday 

Some events to track again for starters. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Folks like @snywxand I may sneak in an advisory event with Sunday-Monday, but if I want to find the highest totals I probably need to go to at least 1k+, not sure how much that’d matter especially if it could just get all washed away come Wednesday 

I think areas below 1k may sneak in 1” or so but advisory snows will prob be confined to the highest elevations 

15 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I was looking up houses over there.

Are there alot of things to do up there ? Alot of stores ?

Woodbury Common is 3-4 miles away, walmart, target, BJ's etc all within 3-4 miles no problem there. The parks, town pool, and lake are outstanding for kids for summer. Plenty of resturants too. Both school systems, Monroe and Cornwall top notch.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Woodbury Common is 3-4 miles away, walmart, target, BJ's etc all within 3-4 miles no problem there. The parks, town pool, and lake are outstanding for kids for summer. Plenty of resturants too. Both school systems, Monroe and Cornwall top notch.

Probably better than the Monticello I was going to recommend lol

• Haha 1

The skiing doesn't count, Holiday Valley is a shell of its former self and Villa Roma is a joke. Even if they do get the old Concord ski area open again that sucked when it was good. There's good golf, a good beer store and umm, not much else. Take Monticello out of the discussion unless you're into unrealized potential.  

• Like 1