• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Discobs

George BM

Had some sleet at start of precip last night after midnight, then a cold rain set in, just like this rest of this winter.... currently 35.1/33.0 at 9 am with light rain falling.

EDIT, also just brought another wheelbarrow load of wood in to keep stove going. I WAS going to let it go out to empty ashes and check the flue , but with the rain falling in mid 30's I highly expect to miss another 'high' from NWS of 55 for today. Their track record this week has been right poor. Forecast 56 yesterday, high 47.8, forecasted 51 Sunday, high 44.3, I believe 40 was called for Saturday, hit 34.5 around noon then it fell thru 20's in afternoon...

6 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Had some sleet at start of precip last night after midnight, then a cold rain set in, just like this rest of this winter.... currently 35.1/33.0 at 9 am with light rain falling.

EDIT, also just brought another wheelbarrow load of wood in to keep stove going. I WAS going to let it go out to empty ashes and check the flue , but with the rain falling in mid 30's I highly expect to miss another 'high' from NWS of 55 for today. Their track record this week has been right poor. Forecast 56 yesterday, high 47.8, forecasted 51 Sunday, high 44.3, I believe 40 was called for Saturday, hit 34.5 around noon then it fell thru 20's in afternoon...

Where's that dead horse emoji? Oh yeah.... :deadhorse:

Just got back from Roanoke (applied for a passport, something I thought I'd NEVER do lol) and again failure from NWS. They likely will hit Roanoke right, I saw several bank therms reading 57-59 around 2 pm and the sun was out and skies partly cloudy, almost had to turn A/C on in truck! On way home it got cloudier and cloudier and ran back into drizzle around Clifton Forge and had the heat about 1/2 way up. Got home, 44 degrees at 3:45 pm. 

• mappy unpinned this topic