• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Banter

George BM

Fair enough. Sorry I reacted. “Fringed” has actually been a serious problem in the balt corridor for awhile now. 

been a long week with some bad news personally and I probably reacted more from that place.  My bad. Sorry to the mods too. 

No worries man. It’s been a very frustrating past 6+ years all around. Sorry to hear you’ve got some personal stuff going on. Hope everything is alright.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Fair enough. Sorry I reacted. “Fringed” has actually been a serious problem in the balt corridor for awhile now. 

been a long week with some bad news personally and I probably reacted more from that place.  My bad. Sorry to the mods too. 

I'm sorry to hear you have had some bad news on the homefront.  Take the time you need to make sure things are ok and I hope they get better.  We all want to see some decent winter weather and I hope you do too.  We can all move past this and its all good.  

Take care, friend

35 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hang in there, friends

Just weather, man.  My happiness is not going to be dependent on white stuff falling.  Its how my kid swims tonight, how my other kid plays in her bball games, how my friends are doing, how I can post more disgusting food pics so y'all can wretch.  

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

Just weather, man.  My happiness is not going to be dependent on white stuff falling.  Its how my kid swims tonight, how my other kid plays in her bball games, how my friends are doing, how I can post more disgusting food pics so y'all can wretch.  

I don’t think there are a lot of people here that has their actual disposition rise and fall solely on whether it snows, but emphasis is placed on it for a reason—for us, it’s unequivocally joyful to experience a snowfall.

It doesn’t come easy and life is so fickle you never know if the last joyful event is your last…for a season or ever. It just sucks all around. 

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

Thanks.  I'm sure there are a fair number of members on here in the same predicament.  But it's one of those.things society doesn't like to talk about.  So anyway...on to the next model run!

I’m not ashamed to discuss it. Mental health is healthcare and should be normalized. Therapy, medications, whatever. More should talk about it so others know they aren’t alone in their struggles. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

Haha!  Holy cow I'm supposed to start Lexapro as of today.  I've tried about 15 ADs so far and they all work awesome for depression within a day or two of starting them...but unfortunately they all are like applying the gas pedal for anxiety so it's a nightmare ...which leads to worse insomnia which leads to worse anxiety and depression...which leads to insomnia and so on.  But I've made quite a few life changes over the past 12mo and I'm started to sleep better which seems to be improving depression.  Ah well, we'll see.  Amazing how many people are dealing with this shit when you really start asking. 

Answering here since we already went way off the banter track, lol

Haha Wow really? That's a really funny coincidence! Yeah I find it has the least blowback if you miss a dose too (was on Effexor before this and missing a dose SUCKED. Yeah it was better for the mild OCD but it just wasn't worth it and overall symptoms weren't steady) Lexapro has definitely has worked best--hope it works for you too!

@mappy Agreed--I'm actually really glad we've been having these discussions the last couple days. We absolutely do have to keep working on removing the stigma. I'm hopeful that society, slowly but surely, is finally starting to make progress here. But still a ways to go. Mental health and therapy are so often used as punchlines. (not to say we sufferers don't laugh at ourselves often--because ya kinda have to to stay above it, lol) But just the jokes made in ignorance and condescension like they're not "real problems" are the ones that hurt. It's so often viewed as a sign of weakness that you can't work through the stuff on your own...and that in turn perpetuates further shame, and then folks don't get the help they really need!

We gotta know that it's OKAY. This conversation in this forum alone is a prime example. There are more people suffering than we may realize. Thanks for making room for the discussion!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’m not ashamed to discuss it. Mental health is healthcare and should be normalized. Therapy, medications, whatever. More should talk about it so others know they aren’t alone in their struggles. 

I agree 100%.  Alas those who haven't experienced the suck of depression or anxiety don't really understand.   For most of my adult life I was one of those guys.  Depressed?  Just think positive thoughts!   Then in 2018 it came for me and my whole life turned inside out.  It was very humbling and definitely changed the course of my life.   The worst part was the insomnia.  My wife went through a very acute depressive phase during COVID and she was sleeping like 16hrs a day.  I was jealous because as bad as depression is, at least if you could sleep then you could hide from your feelings during that time.  Apparently I'm an anxious depressive so I don't get to sleep.  In any case, sorry to vent but life is a lot better now.  My wife is 100% in remission and I'm 50% in remission.  In hindsight it was a very humbling experience and I'm a lot more understanding and patient that I was 15yrs ago.  I guess that's part of getting older.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Answering here since we already went way off the banter track, lol

Haha Wow really? That's a really funny coincidence! Yeah I find it has the least blowback if you miss a dose too (was on Effexor before this and missing a dose SUCKED. Yeah it was better for the mild OCD but it just wasn't worth it and overall symptoms weren't steady) Lexapro has definitely has worked best--hope it works for you too!

@mappy Agreed--I'm actually really glad we've been having these discussions the last couple days. We absolutely do have to keep working on removing the stigma. I'm hopeful that society, slowly but surely, is finally starting to make progress here. But still a ways to go. Mental health and therapy are so often used as punchlines. (not to say we sufferers don't laugh at ourselves often--because ya kinda have to to stay above it, lol) But just the jokes made in ignorance and condescension like they're not "real problems" are the ones that hurt. It's so often viewed as a sign of weakness that you can't work through the stuff on your own...and that in turn perpetuates further shame, and then folks don't get the help they really need!

We gotta know that it's OKAY. This conversation in this forum alone is a prime example. There are more people suffering than we may realize. Thanks for making room for the discussion!

You know, for me all antidepressants cure my depressive feelings after 2-3 doses.  Life is cool, but they all (except mirtazapine, sigh) put the gas on my anxiety.  Feeling depressed?   Ok, take AD XYZ...depression gone within 2-3 doses.  But feel the anxiety, like 25 cups of coffee.  And the longer you take it, the worse it gets.  It wouldn't be so bad but when you're amped up on anxiety you can't sleep.  Which means your depression and anxiety are all the worse. 

It is what it is, I'm always hoping the next AD will be the magic elixir but that's typically not the case.  Fucking mirtazapine.  It's a miracle drug but for God knows whatever reason after 2-3 days it causes my joints to swell up and my skin to start burning.  So it goes.  

Its amazing how many ppl are suffering the same problems but they to hide it. I actually started a support group at work for anxiety and insomnia.  It was amazing how many coworkers came out of the woodwork to join and commiserate.  Like you implied, it's a shame how much stigma is attached to it.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IronTy said:

I agree 100%.  Alas those who haven't experienced the suck of depression or anxiety don't really understand.   For most of my adult life I was one of those guys.  Depressed?  Just think positive thoughts!   Then in 2018 it came for me and my whole life turned inside out.  It was very humbling and definitely changed the course of my life.   The worst part was the insomnia.  My wife went through a very acute depressive phase during COVID and she was sleeping like 16hrs a day.  I was jealous because as bad as depression is, at least if you could sleep then you could hide from your feelings during that time.  Apparently I'm an anxious depressive so I don't get to sleep.  In any case, sorry to vent but life is a lot better now.  My wife is 100% in remission and I'm 50% in remission.  In hindsight it was a very humbling experience and I'm a lot more understanding and patient that I was 15yrs ago.  I guess that's part of getting older.  

Happy to hear things are better for you both. It was quite an eye opening thing to go through a depressive state and then survive it in one piece. I remind myself often when things are rough, that I’ve been through worse and I can get through whatever bump I’m facing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Nope nope nope not going to talk about that

This is exactly what I was talking about. No one was discussing AGW. Me and @CAPE were discussing a tangible phenomenon we’ve observed lately. No one mentioned anything about CC or cause. But because it might possibly be related to AGW, even though no on was discussing that, someone gets defensive and suddenly there is a AGW fight.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Happy to hear things are better for you both. It was quite an eye opening thing to go through a depressive state and then survive it in one piece. I remind myself often when things are rough, that I’ve been through worse and I can get through whatever bump I’m facing. 

Preach on sister.   You're 100% right.  Depression is a crafty beast in convincing you that life sucks, has always sucked, and will never get any better.  I was actually an IFBB professional bodybuilder and at my worst I couldn't convince myself that I was strong enough to put my socks on at one point.  Luckily those days are over and I won't fall prey to that shit again.  

In any case, if I'm reading you correctly it sounds like you managed your way through it so I'm super proud of you.  Lord knows it's a demon to try and deal with.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This is exactly what I was talking about. No one was discussing AGW. Me and @CAPE were discussing a tangible phenomenon we’ve observed lately. No one mentioned anything about CC or cause. But because it might possibly be related to AGW, even though no on was discussing that, someone gets defensive and suddenly there is a AGW fight.  

We should probably just lock the whole board until April

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, IronTy said:

Preach on sister.   You're 100% right.  Depression is a crafty beast in convincing you that life sucks, has always sucked, and will never get any better.  I was actually an IFBB professional bodybuilder and at my worst I couldn't convince myself that I was strong enough to put my socks on at one point.  Luckily those days are over and I won't fall prey to that shit again.  

In any case, if I'm reading you correctly it sounds like you managed your way through it so I'm super proud of you.  Lord knows it's a demon to try and deal with.  

You interpreted correctly, thank you. I hope you can continue to make progress on that last 50%. There are always sunnier days ahead. 

49 minutes ago, Kay said:

Happy Mozart's birthday to those who celebrate.

Oh shoot I forgot that was today! Happy Birthday to a one-of-a-kind genius. I'll always be biased to Beethoven, of course, but Mozart had his own genius. And he wrote so much in such a brief life! And that last year he reached a whole new level with the last three symphonies, the clarinet concerto, and the Requiem. Oh if he had lived a tad longer what could've been! But...not quite meant to be. Brought so much to music--Happy Birthday Mozart!

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic