Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Banter

George BM

8 minutes ago, MDScienceTeacher said:

Me too! This is a bucket list thing for me. I feel like every year they get a 5+ foot event up there.  It would be relatively easy to time it given the  year to year consistency and how these events show up in the long range.. the question is whether or not they have good options for lodging in that elevation and the power.. losing power in this kind of event could be life threatening. 

BTW.. I actually sat next to a woman on a plane ride from Buffalo last weekend who said she got 7 feet in her back yard in one of the two big storms this year.  Not sure how much she was exaggerating but thats just about as much snow your gonna see from one event any where.  

Can you imagine stepping outside and the snow being that far above your head and it ain't a drift? (Like how frickin' high are the snow drifts there? Lol)

I wub those RATES so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have completely fallen head over heels in LOVE with the western ski resorts after what I saw just by looking at the Palisades Tahoe Webcam, especially the 8200' one!!!

I could watch those rates for hours and hours and hours, while blasting ELO songs!

And the high winds they get! I have seen winds blow snow UP the mountainside on the Siberian webcam! It develops monster drifts! I want to jebwalk those so bad!!

19 minutes ago, MDScienceTeacher said:

Me too! This is a bucket list thing for me. I feel like every year they get a 5+ foot event up there.  It would be relatively easy to time it given the  year to year consistency and how these events show up in the long range.. the question is whether or not they have good options for lodging in that elevation and the power.. losing power in this kind of event could be life threatening. 

BTW.. I actually sat next to a woman on a plane ride from Buffalo last weekend who said she got 7 feet in her back yard in one of the two big storms this year.  Not sure how much she was exaggerating but thats just about as much snow your gonna see from one event any where.  

Go to Palisades Ski Resort. Get lodging in the hotels in the resort! Then stay up all night long and jebwalk around, while blasting your favorite snow songs on Spotify! Wait til they have another devastating atmospheric river then fly up there! No more spending days and days watching models craving a couple inches of pow! EXPERIENCE the REAL thing! Get smothered alive by meters of powder!

1 minute ago, TSSN+ said:

Going to Jay, VT for ski trip Thursday night into Sunday next week. Hope these temps aren’t right or I will freeze to death lol. 

47BCD01B-F509-4748-991F-9AB9B61DEE37.png

Those temps are conservative. Dress in layers. Be careful. I USTA like Jay Peak. Not enough snow. They are still trying to open that resort all the way. Too damned much RAIN lately. LMAO. Palisades Tahoe all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Those temps are conservative. Dress in layers. Be careful. I USTA like Jay Peak. Not enough snow. They are still trying to open that resort all the way. Too damned much RAIN lately. LMAO. Palisades Tahoe all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol as of yesterday they were 100% open. 18"+ in the last couple days. 

Those temps are probably overdone but around 0 might be doable. Bundle up!

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Please find each other and share a pic as ever impersonal as you’d like if you’re not comfortable sharing faces. Crump too! 

Ya know, we should prob catch a wx group game together as a kinda meet up. We aren’t getting any younger. Especially Andy. It’s hella fun.

(And the self serve beer thingy is worth the price of admission. Although I’m afraid to check my credit card statement now.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jebman said:

They have mostly seen snow. Ya it’s Gunna be damn cold. 

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Everyone really needs to just mind their own tits, really. That's generally good advice. 

Yep, and nothing personal, but that was pretty funny.  Regarding snow, it has been pretty bad in the northern Baltimore area the past few years, but this has always been an "in your own backyard" sport.  No one here cares about my backyard.

JFC WILL YOU ALL STOP COMPLAINING AND FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER. ITS ONLY SNOW. So tired of this shit. 

Exactly. It’s just snow. I apologize for the banter on my end. I just didn’t appreciate being called childish names and to f**k off for no reason. My town averages 22” of snow per year. His averages 21”. And I’m being yelled at as if I live in deep creek or at wisp. Was just trying to get some clarity on a comment that was made.

4 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Exactly. It’s just snow. I apologize for the banter on my end. I just didn’t appreciate being called childish names and to f**k off for no reason. My town averages 22” of snow per year. His averages 21”. And I’m being yelled at as if I live in deep creek or at wisp. Was just trying to get some clarity on a comment that was made.

i get that you didn't start it, but stop responding when it happens. it only compounds and makes it worse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Hoory - the year you hit 40 inches the area you are lecturing most certainly did not, but, hooray for you that that tided you over. Stop fucking lecturing people on areas that are not fucking yours. How is that so goddamn hard?

Stop it. Enough. 

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Hoory - the year you hit 40 inches the area you are lecturing most certainly did not, but, hooray for you that that tided you over. Stop fucking lecturing people on areas that are not fucking yours. How is that so goddamn hard?

Why are you doing this?.  There was no need to go off like you did.  

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Just tired of people telling other people their business. That’s all. I’m done. 

And I'm fucking tired of telling people to stop acting like children. Do your part, let us handle the rest. THANK YOU. 

Just tired of people telling other people their business. That’s all. I’m done. 

It’s a forum. Meant for discussion. A discussion anyone is welcome to join in on, as long as they keep it civil and respectful. I’ll say it again. I sincerely apologize if you took what I said personally or as if I was “throwing it in your face”, but that was not my intention whatsoever. I’ve been here a long time and that’s not something I ever do. Sometimes I get lucky being further west, but my climo is nearly identical to yours. To me, it sounded like you made a very general statement. That’s all. If I misunderstood what you said, I apologize, but there’s no need to get so personal and attack me like you did. Let’s just keep it civil in here man. I’m done replying. It’s exhausting and I don’t want to piss off our awesome admin team.

• mappy unpinned this topic