Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Banter

George BM

4 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

Just posts here in banter or less in LR. It’s not that you really annoy me, but I do think your excessive shit post dilute or distract from the others I would prefer to hear more from. It’s not the maestro forum so just sit back sometimes

Hi. Can we give it a rest. You, and others, have made the point. He heard all of us, he’s doing his best to make changes, and we need to give him a chance to do so. Changes do not happen overnight. Quite a few of us have spoken kindly to him, given our advice and I am asking you to find patience. Please stop going after him. This goes for others. Let the man try first, please. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

This goes to everyone, if you’re tired of posts made by others here, please put them on ignore. Scroll by posts who reply to those people. I assure you it makes reading much better when you do vs attacking. And it helps those of us just trying to read, learn, and follow along without having to bear witness to in-fighting daily. Please, and thank you.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Kay said:

sorry, I should have put my post in banter! for the record it was just a play on words and not a put-down. /end meta

I cleaned up a lot just to get the thread on track. I appreciate the humor, sorry that it was swept up with the trash. 

• Like 1

If it is the last thing I ever do ----- I am going to visit Palisades Tahoe during an epic atmospheric river.

I dont think the Northeast gets enough snow. Not ever. I wanna experience a ten foot snowfall. I also want to personally experience those life-threatening high winds on the ridgetops at 9000 feet, during an epic Sierra Blizzard!

After what I have seen on that webcam at Palisades Tahoe - let along actually get to BE in for REAL - I think bomb cyclones battering Boston with three feet of snow and only 95 mph wind gusts, are so pedestrian! I wanna experience a REAL, LIFE-THREATENING TAHOE ATMOSPHERIC RIVER APOCALYPTIC SNOW EVENT! And, here's the KICKER! They get real snow AVALANCHES!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jebman said:

If it is the last thing I ever do ----- I am going to visit Palisades Tahoe during an epic atmospheric river.

I dont think the Northeast gets enough snow. Not ever. I wanna experience a ten foot snowfall. I also want to personally experience those life-threatening high winds on the ridgetops at 9000 feet, during an epic Sierra Blizzard!

After what I have seen on that webcam at Palisades Tahoe - let along actually get to BE in for REAL - I think bomb cyclones battering Boston with three feet of snow and only 95 mph wind gusts, are so pedestrian! I wanna experience a REAL, LIFE-THREATENING TAHOE ATMOSPHERIC RIVER APOCALYPTIC SNOW EVENT! And, here's the KICKER! They get real snow AVALANCHES!

Me too! This is a bucket list thing for me. I feel like every year they get a 5+ foot event up there.  It would be relatively easy to time it given the  year to year consistency and how these events show up in the long range.. the question is whether or not they have good options for lodging in that elevation and the power.. losing power in this kind of event could be life threatening. 

BTW.. I actually sat next to a woman on a plane ride from Buffalo last weekend who said she got 7 feet in her back yard in one of the two big storms this year.  Not sure how much she was exaggerating but thats just about as much snow your gonna see from one event any where.  

• mappy unpinned this topic