Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Banter

George BM

7 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

He is def the turd in punch bowl over past couple years, but sounds like he is starting to realize how much he sucks which is good first step. Hopefully that actually turns into him changing his behavior instead of just more turd posts, but until then we just got to hope he figures it out and not pile on him. 

Here you go startin' stuff. I don't know whether you're just a jerk in general or  don't know how to be kind. This post right here isn't piling on? My goodness man you already did that 4 days ago. Put me on ignore or whatever if it bothers ya. Yeah I'm tryin' to change, but this ain't helpin' AT ALL. Yeah I still wanna talk weather I can't help that. I'm gonna modify where I put certain things. I still look at ops and ens and weigh in to see if I'm lookin' at things right.

You made your point now leave me the heck alone if you ain't got nothin' positive to say.

I'm sorry I've become the periah here but whatever...I'm gonna get better at my own pace not y'all's.

• Sad 1

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Here you go startin' stuff. I don't know whether you're just a jerk in general or don't know how to be kind. This post right here isn't piling on? My goodness man you already did that 4 days ago. Put me on ignore or whatever if it bothers ya. Yeah I'm tryin' to change, but this ain't helpin' AT ALL. Yeah I still wanna talk weather I can't help that. I'm gonna modify where I put certain things. I still look at ops and ens and weigh in to see if I'm lookin' at things right.

You made your point now leave me the heck alone if you ain't got nothin' positive to say.

Sorry I thought my post was pretty kind man. Please know I’m really rooting for you to stop posting dumb shit in the LR thread. Good luck buddy 

7 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

Sorry I thought my post was pretty kind man. Please know I’m really rooting for you to stop posting dumb shit in the LR thread. Good luck buddy 

That's you being kind? Every time you hurl an insult (i.e. "dumb ***"). And then...you repeat it, calling me a turd in the punch bowl and all that crap. You sure have a harsh way of being kind, smh

Now today for example, I have no idea what I did in the LR thread to warrant this reaction. I correctly identified a PNA ridge, discussed suppression and such, didnt whine...like what the frickle did I do this time that was "dumb"?

Now if I make an error in analysis I always invite someone to tell me. I don't learn by just sitting back and reading. I gotta participate in the discussion to see if I'm seeing things right.

4 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

That's you being kind? Every time you hurl an insult (i.e. "dumb ***"). And then...you repeat it, calling me a turd in the punch bowl and all that crap. That's kind--got it.

That awful image of...whatever it was!...that @H2O posted earlier, now THAT's a real turd in the punch bowl!! :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

That's you being kind? Every time you hurl an insult (i.e. "dumb ***"). And then...you repeat it, calling me a turd in the punch bowl and all that crap. Now today for example, I have no idea what I did in the LR thread to warrant this.

I thought turd in punch bowl was a fair assessment that even you would agree with it. If you need compliment to help you feel better about yourself, then I do think you have picked up quite a bit of knowledge even if took 500000 questions a day to get there. 

27 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

He is def the turd in punch bowl over past couple years, but sounds like he is starting to realize how much he sucks which is good first step. Hopefully that actually turns into him changing his behavior instead of just more turd posts, but until then we just got to hope he figures it out and not pile on him. 

16 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

:yikes:

19 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

I thought turd in punch bowl was a fair assessment that even you would agree with it. If you need compliment to help you feel better about yourself, then I do think you have picked up quite a bit of knowledge even if took 500000 questions a day to get there. 

It's been a process. Bob Chill said last year that gaining the knowledge and becoming a better poster can be a "long, bruising" path--and he's right! He said when he was younger (probably my age or less) he kinda got torn apart on here and the easternwx days. (I'm really curious to see a less seasoned Chill gettin' it handed to him--hard to imagine, lol) 

Now I'm not saying I'll be as good a he is, but...it does go to show that sometimes it's experience, other times intentional learning (which I need to do with reading those vort maps), and participation in the discussion (and risking looking at something wrong and learning the right way!)

37 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

What'd I do this time? Like what did I do wrong today?

I'll say this constructively: just post less. Post fewer posts. Then people's opinions of you will improve. It's fun to be part of the conversation but too many posts are overwhelming. give everyone their chance. If you see your own name multiple times on a single page of a thread often that is probably a bad sign.  I don't mind your posts but sometimes I think there are too many of them and this applies to some others as well.  I know very little about meteorology, and I've picked up some basic stuff, so I try to limit my posts.

Also, pet peeve, but please complete your gerunds. We ain't talkin' like we be livin' down in alabammy, this here is the mid-atlantic forum and it ain't lookin' like we need to be typin' like this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

I'll say this constructively: just post less. Post fewer posts. Then people's opinions of you will improve. It's fun to be part of the conversation but too many posts are overwhelming. give everyone their chance. If you see your own name multiple times on a single page of a thread often that is probably a bad sign.  I don't mind your posts but sometimes I think there are too many of them and this applies to some others as well.  I know very little about meteorology, and I've picked up some basic stuff, so I try to limit my posts.

Also, pet peeve, but please complete your gerunds. We ain't talkin' like we be livin' down in alabammy, this here is the mid-atlantic forum and it ain't lookin' like we need to be typin' like this!

On the gerunds...I can understand thar (I do talk like that in real life sometimes--depending on where I am or what I'm talkin' about. I can turn it on and off, lol)

Now...even today...too many posts?

5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

On the gerunds...I can understand thar (I do talk like that in real life sometimes--depending on where I am or what I'm talkin' about. I can turn it on and off, lol)

Now...even today...too many posts?

Just posts here in banter or less in LR. It’s not that you really annoy me, but I do think your excessive shit post dilute or distract from the others I would prefer to hear more from. It’s not the maestro forum so just sit back sometimes

1 hour ago, Rvarookie said:

Just posts here in banter or less in LR. It’s not that you really annoy me, but I do think your excessive shit post dilute or distract from the others I would prefer to hear more from. It’s not the maestro forum so just sit back sometimes

Alright, I mean...if even today is an example if being excessive, then shoot if there's a threat I'll have to talk about the model runs in here!

P.S. I keep asking about today because I'm trying to get a barometer on what's viewed as too much.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

Then put him on ignore. And move on.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

• mappy unpinned this topic