Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Banter

George BM

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You’re such a curmudgeon :lol: 

Be happy for the westerners…and northerners :ph34r:

No thanks. lol

I'm among the many in the sub who haven't even had a mulch topper this season. Once the late-December looks ended up without "on-the-ground success," I kind of bagged it by lowering my expectations almost completely. I usually don't go that route, but I just wanted to protect myself from further disappointment because for some reason that December fail really got to me.

But failing isn't really getting me down at this point. We're almost into February, which is when I start putting my thoughts into all the good stuff happening in the spring and summer (gardening, fishing, maybe some golf, swim team, etc.). And then once we actually get there, the crap winter is just a memory.

ETA: Figured this was better in banter than crapping up everyone's glory in the other thread. :lol:

• Like 1

Seeing a therapist IS OKAY!!! More people should normalize it.

I have a great one I can recommend if anyone in the Baltimore County area needs one. Seriously, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with seeing a therapist. Everyone should see one IMO

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

You're absolutely right (and thank you) I'm gonna move past this...not sure how long it's gonna take or what it'll take, but one way or another I'll get past it. And to your point the other day: yes therapy is an option I'm considering. Kinda embarrassing, but if that be part of the healing process, I'm open to it (no stranger to that process, actually...just been a good decade)

Didn't see this post until Watcher quoted it above.

If you (or anyone else reading this) feel like you need counseling/therapy, then please, please, please do it. We're all screwed up in some ways, but the screwiness affects some more - and in different ways - than others. Kind of like we've all got some sort of physical ailments, but certain ones have more obvious and/or debilitating effects on us than do others.

Health care is health care, whether it be mental or physical, and we all should be supportive of those who need and want to take care of themselves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, mattie g said:

This f*cking place, man. I hate reading all the goddamn gloom and doom, but I've been doing it for long that it's just a regular part of my day in the winter.

I'm looking forward to spring and summer when things slow down and no one is debbing the hell out of the forum on a 12 times per day basis.

I'm just looking forward to Spring and Summer for the sake of Spring and Summer lol.

29 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Now's the time of the year to start playing the game: Where In The World is DC Being Outsnowed? This time around it wasn't hard to find an unassuming location.

Try Vietnam.

Last year it snowed up to 2 feet at the summit of Vietnam’s highest mountain, sitting just north of 10,000 ft.

It’s in Vietnamese, but there’s plenty of photos here:

https://baotintuc.vn/anh/tuyet-roi-day-bao-phu-fansipan-ngay-28-tet-20210209101754824.htm

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic