Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Banter

George BM

42 minutes ago, mappy said:

Oh, gross. Nope. Born and raised rooting for Washington Football. I enjoy when the Ravens blow 21 point leads in the 4th quarter. :lol: 

I really enjoy watching Heinicke play. I get why he isn't QB1 material, but the guy has the heart and energy the team needs. I hope they keep Howell around as QB1 and not draft another washed up QB like Wentz. 

Snyder has got to go, though. Even Ron is showing some issues. I mean that Cleveland game was so poorly handled, I can't believe he actually said out loud he didn't know the team would be eliminated from playoff contention had they lost. So dumb. 

lol, yea I think Heinicke had a good run, but he's just not the longterm answer.  Too early to know about Howell, but it looks like he can throw the deep ball.  I think he'll go into training camp as the #1, but they'll probably need to draft another QB for the sake of depth.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

You should find other hobbies or things to do instead of your one hobby seemingly being just looking for snow. I have high school swim and playing games with my friends which both matter far more than snow.

Ya know, it's not even just a hobby at this point. Like I got into this thing for the answer to one question: "Is it gonna snow?" Googling and such led me here. So it's more of a wanting to know. It's just...the absence of snow during these months leaves some kind of void for whatever reason.

Just now, 87storms said:

lol, yea I think Heinicke had a good run, but he's just not the longterm answer.  Too early to know about Howell, but it looks like he can throw the deep ball.  I think he'll go into training camp as the #1, but they'll probably need to draft another QB for the sake of depth.

Gotta let Howell have a shot.  He wasn't a bad QB in college.  The change of OC won't help but get one in now and let him take the reps as QB1.  What they absolutely DONT need to do is waste money on a FA QB when you could use it to get loads of help on the OL and beef up the DBs/SSs on D.  You don't need a Mahomes as QB if your OL keeps the jersey clean all game.

I used a TON of abbreviations in this post.  I hope its OK.  We need snow ASAP and PDQ.  Otherwise some will go AWOL and MIA.  I'll just go have BBQ and take LSD to cope. IPAs can help.  We could always do AOL AIM and talk about out PTSD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, H2O said:

Gotta let Howell have a shot.  He wasn't a bad QB in college.  The change of OC won't help but get one in now and let him take the reps as QB1.  What they absolutely DONT need to do is waste money on a FA QB when you could use it to get loads of help on the OL and beef up the DBs/SSs on D.  You don't need a Mahomes as QB if your OL keeps the jersey clean all game.

I used a TON of abbreviations in this post.  I hope its OK.  We need snow ASAP and PDQ.  Otherwise some will go AWOL and MIA.  I'll just go have BBQ and take LSD to cope. IPAs can help.  We could always do AOL AIM and talk about out PTSD

MR Ducks!

MR Not!

OSAR! CM Wings?

LIB, MR Ducks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H2O said:

I agree, except the IPA part.  I prefer to not have my beverages taste like bitter herbs (as you can tell I'm not much of a beer drinker, so don't take it personal).

2 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Definitely getting no snow sucks- but this year has been easier for me.  No real heartbreak at all- nothing has  been close so I’ve just enjoyed the heat provided by the SER

I personally enjoy winter regardless of what happens because I just absolutely loathe the hot and humid weather and almost everything that comes with it. My seasonal depression is quite the opposite of everyone else. Once we hit April my mind becomes a dark place lol. 

It definitely SUCKS to not have the fun parts of winter this year like the snow, ice, extended cold stretches etc. Still very much at peace due to the general chill, short days, and quiet/bare nature. 

I do feel for those who ONLY like winter for snow. This has got to be pure torture. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 87storms said:

I agree, except the IPA part.  I prefer to not have my beverages taste like bitter herbs (as you can tell I'm not much of a beer drinker, so don't take it personal).

We cool.  I drink Miller Lites more than anything cause I'm white trash deep down

I've finally got a storm to track out here at my Home on the Range, but I have to say it's nowhere near as much fun without you guys! (there's not a big Wyoming contingent over in the other forum--ie, no one).

Also, I'm finally learning about orographic lift and upslope snow after years of zoning out any discussions of it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Man.. can someone approve my posts? Not really worth it to post on this board anymore. Also because WXUSAF doesn't like to approve posts that have real $$value in forecasting. 

Dude I have other things I do in my life

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Man.. can someone approve my posts? Not really worth it to post on this board anymore. Also because WXUSAF doesn't like to approve posts that have real $$value in forecasting. 

Please don’t assume that. We aren’t here all the time to approve them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wxtrix said:

there’s no reason weather should make you like this. you’re a young person, find a way to move past this so you can enjoy life.

You're absolutely right (and thank you) I'm gonna move past this...not sure how long it's gonna take or what it'll take, but one way or another I'll get past it. And to your point the other day: yes therapy is an option I'm considering. Kinda embarrassing, but if that be part of the healing process, I'm open to it (no stranger to that process, actually...just been a good decade)

• Like 1

This f*cking place, man. I hate reading all the goddamn gloom and doom, but I've been doing it for long that it's just a regular part of my day in the winter.

I'm looking forward to spring and summer when things slow down and no one is debbing the hell out of the forum on a 12 times per day basis.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

You're absolutely right (and thank you) I'm gonna move past this...not sure how long it's gonna take or what it'll take, but one way or another I'll get past it. And to your point the other day: yes therapy is an option I'm considering. Kinda embarrassing, but if that be part of the healing process, I'm open to it (no stranger to that process, actually...just been a good decade)

Hey—nothing embarrassing about counseling or therapy. Not at all. Mental health is health. 

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

This f*cking place, man. I hate reading all the goddamn gloom and doom, but I've been doing it for long that it's just a regular part of my day in the winter.

I'm looking forward to spring and summer when things slow down and no one is debbing the hell out of the forum on a 12 times per day basis.

It has been unreadable for years. The only thing I care about in winter is the actual snowfall now or lead up to an imminent event. Otherwise, winter is a miserable and dumb season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• mappy unpinned this topic