Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Banter

George BM

2 minutes ago, MacChump said:

4 big trips coming up, 3 to richmond and then 1 to greece, anyone been to both?  which did you like better? 

Hmmmmmm RIC>Greece for obvi reasons.  Shorter drive(I-95 does suck tho).  The number of stores selling sweater vests is unparalleled.  All greece has are ruins.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I'll admit it--I'm an emotional dude. Snow gets to me where more than it should but I do believe I am not far from being able to put snow in it's proper, more healthy place. But I am definitely not there yet...but I can see the cracks in the armor of this thing that has had it's gold on me. Yes I get out of line, (got out of line today) and gets rightfully smacked down when I do. Why I post like I do and as much as I do. Maybe it's because there aren't many others who share our passion for snow. I have no clue (part of this is an addiction I'm almost sure of it). Just gotta keep in mind all the other readers of this forum and not how I personally feel about where things are or what people post, no matter what it is.

I think should just turn to crack at this point. At least it’s more readily available than your snow :snowing:

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I wanted to apologize to you here. I am truly, truly sorry and I didn't realize how that sounded (wish I had realized it earlier. I feel absolutely awful for all the times I did it the last few years not realizing how it sounded and how you would feel about it. Man if had realized that earlier! In my rather quirky sense of humor I jokingly saw ya as a "mother" of this forum for whatever reason. But I see how that nickname is inappropriate and I do apologize for that and respect you as a moderator and as a human being. I pray you have a blessed day.

--Maestro

I'm glad you feel awful. because it makes me feel pretty awful too every time you, or someone else, says it. . I'm not your mother. I'm not anyone's mother here. My 10 year old acts better than you do most of the time. That's ridiculous.

Thanks for the apology. 

• Like 1

Just now, wxtrix said:

we haven’t cruised for a long time because of a lot of stuff going on the last few years. but we’re headed to the Bahamas in May for a short cruise just to get our sea legs back, and then on a 12 night cruise in November to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. both go out of Baltimore which is so convenient.

You always heading to the right places. I’d really like a cruise but just not sure I can be on a boat that long 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

I'm glad you feel awful. because it makes me feel pretty awful too every time you, or someone else, says it. . I'm not your mother. I'm not anyone's mother here. My 10 year old acts better than you do most of the time. That's ridiculous.

Thanks for the apology. 

You sound like my mom.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

You always heading to the right places. I’d really like a cruise but just not sure I can be on a boat that long 

my mom goes on repositioning cruises. so where they need to move a boat from one port to another for starting a cruise line trip etc.

She did HI to Australia over a course of a month, hit up all the places down there; New Zealand, Fiji, etc. Her flight home from Australia cost more than the entire boat trip, all things included.

She has another one planned later this year; leaves out of New Jersey, will go to Spain, Portugal, France and end up in Italy before making the flight home. The boat, room, all things paid for on the boat = $1300 per person. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mappy said:

my mom goes on repositioning cruises. so where they need to move a boat from one port to another for starting a cruise line trip etc.

She did HI to Australia over a course of a month, hit up all the places down there; New Zealand, Fiji, etc. Her flight home from Australia cost more than the entire boat trip, all things included.

She has another one planned later this year; leaves out of New Jersey, will end up in Spain, Portugal, France and end up in Italy before making the flight home. The boat, room, all things paid for on the boat = $1300 per person. 

wow that is such a great deal! 

5 minutes ago, MacChump said:

i'm not implying anything...i'm explicitly saying that given how much snow means to him, maybe baltimore is not the place to be and i'm wondering if he has given thought to relocating...you keep making things hard

There’s a low hanging phallic joke to be made there. But, I digress.

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

@H2O, bring back the MEMES!!!

never needed them more!

48 minutes ago, MacChump said:

4 big trips coming up, 3 to richmond and then 1 to greece, anyone been to both?  which did you like better? 

I've been invited to a milestone birthday celebration in Greece (Rhodes) for one week this summer and thinking about doing it. I've been abroad but never there.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mattie g said:

No drinking until next weekend, so please hold off on the ban until then.

dont worry, i'm not going to ban you. 

29 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

wow that is such a great deal! 

it really is. but she was on a boat in the middle of the pacific for like 2 weeks. not sure i could do that. the second one will be at least 5 or so on open water with nothing to do but cruise. not my cup of tea. but highly recommend for those looking for a deal and don't mind long open water days

8 minutes ago, Kay said:

never needed them more!

I've been invited to a milestone birthday celebration in Greece (Rhodes) for one week this summer and thinking about doing it. I've been abroad but never there.

see if you can talk them into richmond instead?

but if they're determined to do greece and it works financially and whatnot i think you pretty much have to do it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wxtrix said:

yep, we’re planning a repo cruise with friends and definitely want some kind of trans-ocean itinerary.

You should see if you find the one she already booked. I think it was April? But I know it was out of New Jersey. She tried to get me to join her, but I said no. 

5 minutes ago, MacChump said:

see if you can talk them into richmond instead?

but if they're determined to do greece and it works financially and whatnot i think you pretty much have to do it

I've been lobbying for Trenton but might just run Richmond up the flagpole.

Have you been to Greece before? Yeah...it's pretty tempting, hard to think about not taking the opportunity and regretting it...

• mappy unpinned this topic