• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Banter

George BM

We have two girls (10 and 5) and the activities are really ramping up now, wife works weird hours as a freelance editor (mostly because she takes 2/3 of the responsibility for the kids...especially the little one), and I have my job. We have zero time for DIY, trips, video games, or anything else besides drinking heavily.

• Like 1

I know my place in this community.  I don't know shit, make an rare and occasional on point post, lurk now more than post, wait for times to speak up when something wrong happens.  And if some laugh along the way then bonus.  Others could learn to do the same

• Like 3

Just now, DE2PA said:

No doubt. That one poster’s statement just had big “shut up and dribble” vibes. Like get over yourself lol

Yeah it did and that was really condescending and unnecessary. I know I get out of line but that was overly harsh, imo. Almost responded but decided just to take punch, lol Not worth gettin' into it

1 minute ago, H2O said:

I know my place in this community.  I don't know shit, make an rare and occasional on point post, lurk now more than post, wait for times to speak up when something wrong happens.  And if some laugh along the way then bonus.  Others could learn to do the same

A30B7424-263E-4335-AFD5-F32953BBF7E4.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah it did and that was really condescending and unnecessary. I know I get out of line but that was overly harsh, imo. Almost responded but decided just to take punch, lol Not worth gettin' into it

No worries. I’ll get in mud with ya anytime you want, say the word.

;)

Just now, Kmlwx said:

Imagine a reality show where they take all of us and dump us in some island destination survivor-style. 

I'm a beta so I don't even know how to fix a porch or anything.  I'd be the first one eaten.  Or voted off after being eaten because I'm too chewy.  Old meat can be tough.

1 minute ago, H2O said:

I hardly ever try to post helpful weather comments and often make half-hearted attempts at humor. Kind of my MO ever since Randy laid the smackdown on me many, many years ago before AmWx (maybe 2009-2010?). I've somehow made it to this point without another ban of some sort.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Same here.  I tend to lurk more unless there's something really interesting in terms of wintry weather or at least some possibility on the horizon.  In general I try to keep a lighter or more humorous attitude in the face of endless fails, but I try not to go overboard on that (maybe sometimes too much banter-ish stuff in the main threads, I admit!).  But I do also try to post relevant information in those threads as well.  Don't like getting into the pie fights that have gone on.

Just now, mattie g said:

I hardly ever try to post helpful weather comments and often make half-hearted attempts at humor. Kind of my MO ever since Randy laid the smackdown on me many, many years ago before AmWx (maybe 2009-2010?). I've somehow made it to this point without another ban of some sort.

I once extrapolated the NAM and that ended my attempts to help weather disco.  It still haunts me.  Pretty safe to say we all have acted like assholes at times(for me its a permanent affliction) but its more about learning to make an effort to be better.  And that you know where the admin lives so if needed you can stalk him(this is a joke, people)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll admit it--I'm an emotional dude. Snow gets to me where more than it should but I do believe I am not far from being able to put snow in it's proper, more healthy place. But I am definitely not there yet...but I can see the cracks in the armor of this thing that has had it's gold on me. Yes I get out of line, (got out of line today) and gets rightfully smacked down when I do. Why I post like I do and as much as I do. Maybe it's because there aren't many others who share our passion for snow. I have no clue (part of this is an addiction I'm almost sure of it). Just gotta keep in mind all the other readers of this forum and not how I personally feel about where things are or what people post, no matter what it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

You're in charge of diverting all the poop away from the community, then. We'll keep you around...for now. 

With this community the amount of poop that would be generated would kill me.  But then again that would remove another player from the game so it could work in your favor.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I'll admit it--I'm an emotional dude. Snow gets to me where more than it should but I do believe I am not far from being able to put snow in it's proper, more healthy place. But I am definitely not there yet...but I can see the cracks in the armor of this thing that has had it's gold on me. Yes I get out of line, (got out of line today) and gets rightfully smacked down when I do. Why I post like I do and as much as I do. Maybe it's because there aren't many others who share our passion for snow. I have no clue (part of this is an addiction I'm almost sure of it). Just gotta keep in mind all the other readers of this forum and not how I personally feel about where things are or what people post, no matter what it is.

maybe baltimore is not the place for you, ever thought of relocating?

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic