Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Banter

George BM

31 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

@psuhoffman It doesn't attach to my lawn mower but it does make snow :). If you get desperate for a snow fix I can show you how I made it. Helps keep the kids happy during snow droughts.

image.png.23badcb26b2b42387a92817912eacf64.png

I can't believe it's come to this.  I realize anyone who lives near DC and Baltimore can't relate...I know because I did live in the 95 corridor for 26 years.  But up here getting no snow for periods like this is just unheard of.  It's one of the reasons I moved here.  That's what makes this different... a lot of the total crap years people in DC are throwing around where it didn't snow much at all to say "see this happens"...it was at least snowing some up here.  Not a lot...but some.  Even the dreg years people cite like 2020, 2012, 2002, 1998... up here had over 10" of snow in every single one of those seasons by now!   

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

@psuhoffman It doesn't attach to my lawn mower but it does make snow :). If you get desperate for a snow fix I can show you how I made it. Helps keep the kids happy during snow droughts.

image.png.23badcb26b2b42387a92817912eacf64.png

That is both awesome and really, really pathetic (that you needed to to do it in the first place). Snowmakers in MD--that's when you know the current level of our desperation, lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

I honestly don't remember "jawn" being a Philly thing when I was growing up 10 minutes from Center City, but I remember people using a term that was basically the same as "jawn."

Agreed. They say it dates back to the 70s but I only remember hearing it and using it within the last 10-15 years. I spent 36 years of my life growing up in Southwest Philly so it was interesting to see the history of the term dating back to when I lived there.

19 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

That is both awesome and really, really pathetic (that you needed to to do it in the first place). Snowmakers in MD--that's when you know the current level of our desperation, lol

It started as an engineering project 20 years ago even when we were getting a decent amount of snow. It has come in handy during the sad years!

2 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

Start deleting his shit too. He needs to know his role and just read more and post less. People like him just ruin the vibe around here. There is no way he should be top 4 poster in this thread and certainly shouldn’t criticize those that do contribute. He’s such a bum 

Don't be a jerk and a bully.  There's an ignore function if his  posts bother you that much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Chris78 said:

Don't be a jerk and a bully.  There's an ignore function if his  posts bother you that much.

Ive got it. I took care of that one and a bunch of others. 

If yall see that shit, report it. Someone will be along to take care of it. I'm not always watching to clean up the mess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• mappy unpinned this topic