• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Banter

George BM

Welp. The failure was exactly where you’d expect if you’ve watched the ravens this season: red zone offense. Defense did everything they needed to win. I think Huntley did pretty well, especially after the first quarter. GRo can be fired now.
I dunno lol...Huntley made some really bad throws in his last 2-3 drives

3 hours ago, DanTheMan said:

Kirk Cousins is so unapologetically himself I couldn't help but admire the game ending check-down on 4th and 8 

He balled out in clutch moments all year, but I wish he would have just chucked it up.  The play call was baffling, though, with too many deep and shallow routes on a 4th and 8.

In the end, we knew the downfall of the Vikings would be the terrible defense.  431 yards and 31 points to Daniel Jones.  Kwesi is going to gut that side of the ball in the offseason, and hopefully Ed Donatell is first to go.

• Like 3

Palisades Tahoe has got over TWELVE FEET of snow now Just in January ---- and still pouring down!

THIS, is why they are effectively JANUBURIED!

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

Just take a look at that fresh snow on the 8200' platform!!! This isnt blowin around, it is piling up! BIG BIG aggregates!

#JanuBuried on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/JanuBURIED?src=hashtag_click

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ji said:
7 hours ago, WxUSAF said:
Welp. The failure was exactly where you’d expect if you’ve watched the ravens this season: red zone offense. Defense did everything they needed to win. I think Huntley did pretty well, especially after the first quarter. GRo can be fired now.

I dunno lol...Huntley made some really bad throws in his last 2-3 drives

He’s a backup for a reason…

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Dobbins AGAIN underutilized. 13 carries. Give him the ball instead of the sneak and they score.

Mind boggling how awful Roman is, and that they have stuck with him. Done with Harbaugh too. The clock management debacle is on him. Go get Payton.

The last drive I was wondering why justice hill was in. We’re Dobbins and Edwards both hurt?? Seems they were not…so with the season on the line, they both were on the bench.

9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

He’s a backup for a reason…

The last drive I was wondering why justice hill was in. We’re Dobbins and Edwards both hurt?? Seems they were not…so with the season on the line, they both were on the bench.

Roman was in 'passing mode' lol. What a simpleton.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah and in what universe is Hill your best option to either pass block or catch a ball out of the backfield??

He is pretty good at the latter, when given opportunities. Roman has no feel for who is best suited for specific situations. Dobbins wasn't happy after the game, and a couple games ago Gus completely disappeared, and in the post game presser even Harbaugh openly criticized that. Roman should be gone within a week.

• Like 3

I've been timesharing with the Ravens this year since the Commanders are, well...let's just say they're TBD (note, I was an early adopter rocking a Ravens hoodie back in '96).  I thought Huntley played good enough overall.  He's a bit like Heinike.  Throws some ducks here and there, but his playmaking cancels some of that out.  I also thought they ran the ball really well, which is why a QB sneak near the goal line was a suspect playcall.  Otherwise, they had a chance to win away against a good team with an undrafted QB.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Baltimore sports fans: which team next reaches the playoffs? Orioles or Ravens?

Gonna say Ravens. Defense is definitely playoff ready and have been trending upward since October. I mean the fact that we even made the playoffs at all speaks to how good they have been despite this dumpster fire on offense! I think Mike McDonald is doing a great job turning this defense around (just avoid the last second meltdowns and they're good, lol). With this defense, a--PRAYERFULLY--healthy Lamar, and an OC that actually has a clue and can get the offense to at least respectable if not better...we can make the playoffs again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Gonna say Ravens. Defense is definitely playoff ready and have been trending upward since October. I mean the fact that we even made the playoffs at all speaks to how good they have been despite this dumpster fire on offense! I think Mike McDonald is doing a great job turning this defense around (just avoid the last second meltdowns and they're good, lol). With this defense, a--PRAYERFULLY--healthy Lamar, and an OC that actually has a clue and can get the offense to at least respectable if not better...we can make the playoffs again.

At this point, I’d give less than 50/50 odds Lamar is a raven by fall.

@MN Transplant or anyone else that knows…

Showing my ignorance again, but I’m walking the C & O canal out near Williamsport and passed a flood stage marker. It never occurred to me that I don’t know this, but what is zero? Is flood stage measured by the depth of the river? For example, in 1936 the water reached a flood stage of 48 feet. That was the depth of the river? Or is that 48 feet above the normal height?

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@MN Transplant or anyone else that knows…

Showing my ignorance again, but I’m walking the C & O canal out near Williamsport and passed a flood stage marker. It never occurred to me that I don’t know this, but what is zero? Is flood stage measured by the depth of the river? For example, in 1936 the water reached a flood stage of 48 feet. That was the depth of the river? Or is that 48 feet above the normal height?

I think it is simply some measure of gauge height.  https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lwx&gage=wllm2.  The 48.6' from 1936 would have been ~46' above the level from today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m annoyed with the O’s. They overachieved last year and unless they start making some deals, I don’t see how they’ll finish with a better record.

So, I’m betting the Ravens.

I hope the Os sign Wacha. Would be a solid addition to the rotation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Baltimore sports fans: which team next reaches the playoffs? Orioles or Ravens?

With the addition of the 7th playoff team its easier than ever to reach the playoffs in the NFL. Even without Lamar, I can see the team winning at least 8-9 games. I don't see an as easy path for the Os. 

With the addition of the 7th playoff team its easier than ever to reach the playoffs in the NFL. Even without Lamar, I can see the team winning at least 8-9 games. I don't see an as easy path for the Os. 

MLB has more of a balanced schedule now. It’s a lot more doable then it was in the past imho.

• mappy unpinned this topic