Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Banter

George BM

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

that really has to hopefully help start to repair the water table and reservoir issues. 

Too many people and they live in a desert. Whatever help comes will only be temporary. More dams, more lakes, or desalination of ocean water is the only ways I see of a more permanent fix.

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

How many times do we need to rehash that its getting warmer in the cities at night / we are losing snow on the edges?  

You could argue that it's more of an "it's staying warmer at night" than "it's getting warmer at night," but it doesn't change what's actually happening on the ground.

40 minutes ago, Ji said:

we have yet to see a threat survive the 144-168 hour mark

39 minutes ago, Ji said:

we have yet to see two models agree on a snowstorm for us closer than 192-204 hours out

Imagine what these poor people must go through. Snow starts in late November, and continually accumulates without melting, through the end of February. Like clockwork, every winter. There will be 4 times this amount otg in another month.

Actually doesn't bother them at all. I don't think they ever treat the roads- just plow them when there is a heavier snow and just drive on the light accumulation. Let the sun do the rest.

You want snow? GO WEST, Young Man! Palisades Tahoe is getting blasted by banshee wind gusts laden with tons of snow! Some places up there have had at least 6 feet of new snow just in the past 7 days! https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

You gotta see that Palisades Scope 8200' Cam!! Its been getting blasted for days!

51 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

Lamar looks to be out again Sunday?

Hello darkness my old friend, we're going one and done again...

The chances have looked slim at best based on the reports. Huntley didn't throw today, but was at practice. He has shoulder tendonitis, and should be able to play with that. I think they are just getting him as much rest as possible, but he probably needs to be more involved tomorrow if he is is going to start. The only chance the Ravens have is for the D to be dominant, the run game to be dominant and eat clock, while scoring 20, don't turn it over, and get a takeaway or 2. Tall order.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The chances have looked slim at best based on the reports. Huntley didn't throw today, but was at practice. He has shoulder tendonitis, and should be able to play with that. I think they are just getting him as much rest as possible, but he probably needs to be more involved tomorrow if he is is going to start. The only chance the Ravens have is for the D to be dominant, the run game to be dominant and eat clock, while scoring 20, don't turn it over, and get a takeaway or 2. Tall order.

Thread the needle? Lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Terpeast said:

Was considering a family chase to either Blackwater or Snowshow this weekend, but now we are a no go. 

2 year old daughter sprung a 103 fever. Going to call the doctor soon.

At this moment, snow or lack thereof has zero significance.

Oh my goodness--will certainly pray she gets better soon!

P.S. I snickered a bit at "family chase"

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Was considering a family chase to either Blackwater or Snowshow this weekend, but now we are a no go. 

I'm wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Hope she’s ok and gets better soon. Been there as a parent

• Thanks 1

• mappy unpinned this topic