• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 2023 Banter

George BM

I cooked on the grill in the backyard last night and forgot to put the cover back on the grill. When I woke up and looked out back, I was confused to see the cover 20 feet across the yard because I didn’t think it had gotten windy. Then this guy came out from the bushes. I’m assuming he had something to do with it.

image.jpeg.a9a50dad35be51c128cdd415b373c384.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I cooked on the grill in the backyard last night and forgot to put the cover back on the grill. When I woke up and looked out back, I was confused to see the cover 20 feet across the yard because I didn’t think it had gotten windy. Then this guy came out from the bushes. I’m assuming he had something to do with it.

Quite the healthy looking fox. He/she has been eating well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

And there are ppl here who are mets and hobbyists and absolutely loathe the cold and snow. So when we enter a period in a year or so where it's wall to wall cold and storms do we all just stop posting about the cold stats in fear their feelings might get hurt? You can't please everyone. I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but this is a public weather forum. If you or anyone else here gets upset by scientific stats, you probably shouldn't be here tbh.

Replying to this here in Banter.  While most who frequent this board in the winter are doing so because they really like snow and cold (myself included!), there are some who probably don't care for a huge HECS that paralyzes things for days, or who don't deal well with cold temperatures.  I like snow and cold, but do not care for extreme cold temperatures (not that we get that here very much).  I also don't much care for cold and dry, it just chaps my skin all the more.  This Christmas was a good example of that with very cold and windy conditions and nary a flake (OK, a quick burst as the cold air moved in, for all of 15 min.).  That was an interesting Arctic blast from a meteorological standpoint, but to me it would have been a lot cooler (pun intended?!) if we got some kind of snow, even a couple of inches to cover the ground.  So I don't necessarily mind some of the seemingly "doom and gloom" posts in the medium range, if it's realistic and not just people ranting that we suck or how there's no blue over their house for 384 hours.  And for the most part, those posts are using facts as you say, it's not just people whining (but hey...facts are stupid things, right?! :D).  I view it more as an emotionally detached commentary on what's going on or how things look in the models...much like how Sherlock Holmes analyzes a case.

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Wow...pretty cool!  I've seen an occasional fox where I'm at and it always sort of startles me.  A couple of winters ago I was out taking pictures near my place, and suddenly saw this fox just run right past me.  Kind of startling!  It wasn't terribly close (maybe several or so feet away), and my first thought was "who lost their dog?" and then realized what it was.  It didn't care about me or come after me, just was running by.

Folks...this happens on a regular basis. After all my melting and debbing yesterday, look what popped up in a devotional today. TODAY of all days right after what some of you were telling me yesterday (p.s. not trying to force anything on anybody, but I had to share this):

Screenshot_20230108_155320_Kindle.thumb.jpg.1cb9c4d6a262c26ff2ab6f742880e398.jpg

The dude could've used any example but he mentions the weather of all the random things, lol @Ralph Wiggum and @ers-wxman1 he even mentioned the exact same thing you guys mentioned:

Screenshot_20230108_171456_Kindle.thumb.jpg.b9e67e48872ab59831b929943791a87d.jpg

Message received, lol I mean it's gonna take some time and work to shift thought patterns and perspective, but...I'm praying this can be a start! 

• Like 1

Commanders 

2- 5 with Wentz

6 - 3 -1 with Heinike/Howell

Wentz was just awful this year. Sounds like he may be out of the league.

BMitch on the post-game show really putting alot of blame on RR for not reading his players in regards to starting Wentz last week.

Team definitely played different with any QB not named Carson in the game.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Commanders 

2- 5 with Wentz

6 - 3 -1 with Heinike/Howell

Wentz was just awful this year. Sounds like he may be out of the league.

BMitch on the post-game show really putting alot of blame on RR for not reading his players in regards to starting Wentz last week.

Team definitely played different with any QB not named Carson in the game.

I'm the only RR around here. 

• Haha 1

• mappy unpinned this topic