Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Banter

George BM

3 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Regarding the game … let’s be honest … if this player had been a horrible car crash before the game, they would have played. It’s the fact that it happened on the field. Stopping the game was the correct call, but they should have completed the game the next day. The Cubs and Cardinals played a game the day after Darryl Kile was found dead in his hotel room. 

Not being harsh, it’s just reality. Playing the game would not be jeopardizing the health of this player and the fact is, life doesn’t stop or wait. Just my opinion.

Just listened to this. I used to be a die hard College Football fan. Then watched the documentary on the concussion cover up and have not watched another game since. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Just listened to this. I used to be a die hard College Football fan. Then watched the documentary on the concussion cover up and have not watched another game since. 

I understand to a point where this guy is coming from but this is not just an NFL problem...This is a problem of society and throughout corporate America and jobs. Emergency responders are grossly underpaid in many cases and it is a dangerous job and same situations. Construction workers, etc...These guys don't HAVE to play football...they often get an education that is free as well. I understand the NFL makes a godly amount of money and can have better policies in regard to taking care of players/former players but this can be said in all walks of life imo

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My wife and I and two of our children have Covid for the first time ever, and we literally have no idea how we got it. We weren’t even out anywhere! We’re all pretty sick too despite being vaccinated and boosted. :(

Sorry to hear, hope you all feel better soon! Lots of fluids and rest!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My wife and I and two of our children have Covid for the first time ever, and we literally have no idea how we got it. We weren’t even out anywhere! We’re all pretty sick too despite being vaccinated and boosted. :(

I hope you and the family feel better fast. I have had multiple friends get it in the last few weeks and thank the lord all are ok. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Geez, get better all of you. Kids can pickup germs everywhere, they are germ magnets. Just a hunch....mine gave it to my family. Get well!

• Thanks 1

For those of you who hate winter storm naming, sitting at CES in “leveraging technology for social an impact” an IBM vp talking about their weather market space just named dropped winter storm Elliot. 

she is very much pushing ibm empowers all weather knowledge in America now. 

Randi Stipes is the Chief Marketing Officer of IBM Watson Media and Weather 

Ah. Now it makes sense. 
Weather and media may or may not be an interchangeable thing to ibm depending on phrasing. (The microwave programming joke from 30 Rock in real life)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Hope you all feel better soon!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Geez, get better all of you. Kids can pickup germs everywhere, they are germ magnets. Just a hunch....mine gave it to my family. Get well!

We’ve mostly figured it out now, but it means the incubation period would’ve been about 7 days for my wife (who caught it first). Long story short, it was literally impossible for any of us to have picked it up in the 3-4 day incubation period that’s claimed as the average now. None of us had left the house or interacted with anyone lol

I don’t know what the research shows on incubation periods now, or how long it can theoretically take. I know the original strain had a longer incubation period like that. 

2 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

We’ve mostly figured it out now, but it means the incubation period would’ve been about 7 days for my wife (who caught it first). Long story short, it was literally impossible for any of us to have picked it up in the 3-4 day incubation period that’s claimed as the average now. None of us had left the house or interacted with anyone lol

I don’t know what the research shows on incubation periods now, or how long it can theoretically take. I know the original strain had a longer incubation period like that. 

The first time I had it, it was 5 days after my husband tested positive, but we think he had symptoms before that, so probably 7 days from the time I got it from him to when I tested positive.

My second time, I got it from my sister at thanksgiving, she tested positive the day after, with no symptoms at thanksgiving. I developed symptoms that Saturday and tested positive that following Monday. My husband was positive 5 days after me, probably getting it from me that weekend when my symptoms started before we isolated. 

So I don't think there is a one size fits all approach. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I don't think the scientists know. Way too many mutations now. And by the time you read a report that a specific mutation is dominant the next dominant mutation is already getting a foothold. Feel better.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I don't think the scientists know. Way too many mutations now. And by the time you read a report that a specific mutation is dominant the next dominant mutation is already getting a foothold. Feel better.

This new mutation came a the "perfect" time to make itself known. With American family gatherings from Thanksgiving through the New Year, it was ideal for it to rip through the country. Of course it's hitting other places around the world, as well, but as for the MBY experience, this was just the perfect storm.

Hope all of you who have any respiratory issues feel better soon!

5 hours ago, toolsheds said:

Saw the Van Gogh immersive experience in DC last week.  It was a really good exhibit. To only know what was going on inside his head......

That's pretty cool!  I didn't have a chance to go see it.  But when I was in Atlanta years ago they had a special display for a short time of a few of his best known ones, including Starry Night.

Let all of this make the case for all the misery on these boards up and down the east coast. I don't wanna hear nobody say "Ah it's unreadable" The frickle you think it is? Because of how things are going...that such a mystery??? So inconceivable that people are upset about snow? Yeah they gonna spout off...This and the possible bad snow future is the worst thing that could happen here. I personally am frustrated and depressed. It's not "just weather" to me and I can just poo-poo it away as no big deal. It's something that needs to go better and it hasn't been, and I wanna frickin' smash something in a rage room right about now lookin' at the dang perfect tracks and psu's reminders of it not being cold enough (which then sparks fears and depression about the future and this continuing) Can't do a bit about the weather but it's like if it don't get better...it's frickin' depressing. DJF are the only 3 months...the rest of the time is peace because it's Spring, Summer, Fall where it's not supposed to snow. I'd hate it in the south...but maybe that's our future climo I don't know.

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

I guess given the circumstances, and the NFL being unwilling to give up the bye week to replay the game, sure a coin flip will do lol. Not that I think the Ravens have much of a chance to beat the Bengals to even force the issue.

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/coin-flip-home-playoff-game-ravens-bengals

I give us a 1% chance of beating them, but that coin flip is BS. How bout we play rock paper scissors? Considering how much money the NFL makes and how much corporate (gambling) money is involved, you just gotta laugh. Tin foil time but I wouldn't be surprised with a Bills magically run to the superbowl this year :ph34r:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Let all of this make the case for all the misery on these boards up and down the east coast. I don't wanna hear nobody say "Ah it's unreadable" The frickle you think it is? Because of how things are going...that such a mystery??? So inconceivable that people are upset about snow? Yeah they gonna spout off...This and the possible bad snow future is the worst thing that could happen here. I personally am frustrated and depressed. It's not "just weather" to me and I can just poo-poo it away as no big deal. It's something that needs to go better and it hasn't been, and I wanna frickin' smash something in a rage room right about now lookin' at the dang perfect tracks and psu's reminders of it not being cold enough (which then sparks fears and depression about the future and this continuing) Can't do a bit about the weather but it's like if it don't get better...it's frickin' depressing. DJF are the only 3 months...the rest of the time is peace because it's Spring, Summer, Fall where it's not supposed to snow. I'd hate it in the south...but maybe that's our future climo I don't know.

Snow is serious bizness. I think some of the magic is that snow doesn't happen all that often. If you need a quick hit of the white stuff I would recommend booking a nonstop from BWI to DEN (3hr flight) and staying out in summit county (2hr drive from DEN) for a week. Get all your snow fill in. Of course even summit county is getting ridiculously expensive these days. Gotta pay to play in the white gold.

Union Peak Cam | Copper Webcams (coppercolorado.com)

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

This new mutation came a the "perfect" time to make itself known. With American family gatherings from Thanksgiving through the New Year, it was ideal for it to rip through the country. Of course it's hitting other places around the world, as well, but as for the MBY experience, this was just the perfect storm.

Hope all of you who have any respiratory issues feel better soon!

Omicron did the exact same thing last year.  We're just going to have to live with it going forward.  Take the appropriate precautions for yourself but also have some thought for the immunocompromised among us.  But life must go on.

• mappy unpinned this topic