• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Banter

George BM

Do better leesburg.  You didn't need to say what you said.  IIRC you were one of the ones constantly piling on over and over about the epic pattern in Dec that did shit.  But I guess now that it might snow anything that dashes those hopes is now not ok to say a few times?  Didn't need the nun comment.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

Do better leesburg.  You didn't need to say what you said.  IIRC you were one of the ones constantly piling on over and over about the epic pattern in Dec that did shit.  But I guess now that it might snow anything that dashes those hopes is now not ok to say a few times?  Didn't need the nun comment.  

Ok i'll do better thank you for the feedback. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

I just want to formally apologize to everyone here. Having just committed upwards of $900 to refilling my propane tank, we will almost certainly torch for the rest of winter. I spent a similar amount on a snowblower in 2014, so you’d think I would know better. 

• Like 3

Totally self-interested question: I'm booked the last week of Jan at Timberline, based on that having been a great window the last couple of years (including one morning last year when it was -30 before dawn!!!).  Am thinking I might push it back to the first week of Feb, or cancel all together at this rate.  Don't have to make a final call until a week out (so, 10 days from now), but welcome folks thoughts!

22 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

The NFL is really in a pickle here.  They could play the rest of the game tomorrow, but it just doesn’t seem right without better word about Hamlin.  They could also just call off the game and go by win % for seeding, but that pretty much hands KC the 1 seed and gives Cincy the division.

So, interesting question for Ravens fans, are you ok with the NFL cancelling the game and giving Cincy the division title?

Don't care. Do what's right for the players. Ravens will win more division titles down the road. 

3 hours ago, ToTo said:

I just want to formally apologize to everyone here. Having just committed upwards of $900 to refilling my propane tank, we will almost certainly torch for the rest of winter. I spent a similar amount on a snowblower in 2014, so you’d think I would know better. 

ToTo, thank you for breaking your silence with this honest and very brave post.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RickinBaltimore said:

Don't care. Do what's right for the players. Ravens will win more division titles down the road. 

Thing is you just can’t cancel games for this reason. Seems harsh but that’s not my intent. Stopping it was the right thing to do but now there is no threat to any players playing so I think you have to play it. Inconvenient to do so but it should be played.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Thing is you just can’t cancel games for this reason. Seems harsh but that’s not my intent. Stopping it was the right thing to do but now there is no threat to any players playing so I think you have to play it. Inconvenient to do so but it should be played.

I think they will have to given the likely impacts on seeding/home field. Probably cancel the useless pro bowl and shift the playoffs back a week.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I think they will have to given the likely impacts on seeding/home field. Probably cancel the useless pro bowl and shift the playoffs back a week.

I think they’d have to eliminate the off week before the Super Bowl then. I’d think you can’t just postpone an event as large as that one.

I guess that’s what you were saying. The pro bowl takes place that week I guess. 

• Like 3

Took advantage of this unseasonable weather today to clean up my gardens. And with the recent rain yesterday was able to split some Liriope and transplant. Filled up the cats cable aka bird feeder and drug the Christmas tree to the curb for pick up. Decided to leave the deck slider open and it is a full on HBO fest for the cats.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I think this is the best option, imo I mean yeah not having the bye before the SB is gonna suck for the two remaining teams, but...it may be the most fair option...either that or a...tie?

1 hour ago, yoda said:

News broke less than 48 hours ago about the accusations. Folks have been trying to figure out who the "leaker" was, and for it to be Claudio Reyna is absolutely massive.

For those who don't know who Claudio is, he's not just Gipvanni Reyna's dad, but he was also the US men's captain for a long time about 20 or so years ago and was one of the most successful American players to play in Europe. He was also really good friends with Gregg Berhalter from high school forward, so for him to be the person who did this is absolutely f'ing mindblowing for those of us who have been fans for decades.

What a sh*tshow, but I'm kinda loving the drama. :lol:

• mappy unpinned this topic