Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2023

buckeyefan1

1 hour ago, GaWx said:

What Met1985 said. This is literally a wx forecasting discussion thread. Why wouldn't we discuss this stuff, especially with it being so different from almost the entire winter and potentially highly anomalous for mid March? It is what it is. Besides, this discussion may allow some people to prepare for the cold to mitigate potential damage.

Stop discussing wx on a wx forum! This is only a place for some spoiled individuals to whine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

This is just for posterity guys. sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. What's amazing is that in addition to plentiful upslope snow for the mountains, the 18Z GFS has not one, not two, but three different systems (in a row) bringing significant wintry precip to parts of the SE (mainly NC to NE GA) during just the period March 13-18! I know it is just the operational GFS way out in the 11-15 but the prospects for the upcoming pattern are so way out there that this kind of thing is actually believable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GaWx said:

Thanks for posting. What's amazing is that in addition to plentiful upslope snow for the mountains, the 18Z GFS has not one, not two, but three different systems (in a row) bringing significant wintry precip to parts of the SE (mainly NC to NE GA) during just the period March 13-18! I know it is just the operational GFS way out in the 11-15 but the prospects for the upcoming pattern are so way out there that this kind of thing is actually believable.

Reel it on in from Abacus Central, Larry...and get me a huge,big, once in 200 year ip event while you are prognosticating, please.  The moles are all wearing Larry masks, and it's kind of freaky, but further predictive, I hope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, StantonParkHoya said:

I apologize. I will return to post all the: “great”, “amazing”, “clown maps”, “crushings”, “deep spring” model outputs when it shows 80+ degrees every day.

I don’t think I’ll have to wait long to do so.

move-along-sir-security-guard.gif

• Like 5

3 hours ago, StantonParkHoya said:

I apologize. I will return to post all the: “great”, “amazing”, “clown maps”, “crushings”, “deep spring” model outputs when it shows 80+ degrees every day.

I don’t think I’ll have to wait long to do so.

Waiting long? What are you talking about. Are you the end all be all of weather in the southeast. I enjoy warm weather as much as the next person. I do.  I've experienced 40 years of the heat and humidity around here in the se. Why can't a few of us enjoy the cold before the furnace turns on full blast through Halloween. You have got to experience spring and even some summer like weather just about the last 3 months outside of a few days around Christmas. Why all the hate on some of us wanting to see some cold and winter weather chances in March. You have got to experience record warmth lately and your complaining about a little cold coming in March. Send me to the looney bin for liking the cold. And for the fruit crop getting destroyed that's what happens when you have no winter and this happens. I hate it but I've seen it over and over around here when you want a warm winter. Post all the warm maps you want. Whatever makes you feel better. 

• Like 1

It's only the first week of March so of course everything is going to get killed that came out 3 weeks early. Widespread 20s and teens are pretty likely. Some upslope areas might see their heaviest snowfall of the season if it sets up correctly. 

It can snow really heavy in March with the dynamics. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Upstate Tiger said:

06Z showing 4 winter threats in the next 2 weeks :lol:.  Was going to aerate lawn and put out pre emergent tomorrow.  If I follow through, we will have a 1960 redeux.  If I don't, we will be in the 70's in the next two weeks.  :facepalm:   

Do a split application put out a half rate now and a half rate later in the spring 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-ma-snow_total_multimember_panel-8600800.png

Great, and I will be driving back down I77 from Cincy on the 12th.  I mean we're nice people here and we love Mother Nature.  Is it too much to ask for rain during warmer months, snow during colder months, and 72° and sunny every Friday, Saturday and Sunday??

:facepalm:

• Thanks 1