Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter ‘22-23 Panic Room

NorEastermass128

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That will mean over a month between snow in most of SNE .. And most will be under 7”. No way in hell this turns around into even normal snowfall IMO

54 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I don’t know…. It looks like mid Jan for most of SNE unless something sneaks up. Hopefully it’s not longer than that.

tik tok.

11 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Ok.. so then this Winter will be below normal. What do you think we should do? Should we close the winter thread down?

From what you're saying, it doesn't seem viable to keep the forum going ( as far as the Winter season goes for us in the east ). I'd rather that than keep seeing you beat yourself up like you are. 

Me myself... I'm staying on the forum. Something will come up to get us all back in the game. If not this Winter season than the next. 

last time i had this little snow (7") through the end of December:

2021-2022 8.5", season ended up solidly BN

2015-2016 4.5", season ended up a complete R.A.T.

2011-2012 5", another R.A.T

2010-2011 10", season ended up being decent, kicked off with a good storm on 1/12

in the immortal words of Meatloaf, 3 out of 4 ain't good

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

last time i had this little snow (7") through the end of December:

2021-2022 8.5", season ended up solidly BN

2015-2016 4.5", season ended up a complete R.A.T.

2011-2012 5", another R.A.T

2010-2011 10", season ended up being decent, kicked off with a good storm on 1/12

in the immortal words of Meatloaf, 3 out of 4 ain't good

The only two that are of much relevance are 2021-2022 and 2010-2011. 

1 hour ago, cleetussnow said:

I got out of snowmobiling this winter and I can tell you its a lot less stressful this year dealing with another potential bust snow season.  So actually no panic here…but winter is boring AF without snow!

There is plenty of snow still in the mountains. I have at least a foot in southern Vermont and I’m only at 1000’. Higher up it’s closer to 2’. So it’s not a busy everywhere. At home on Long Island we have had a coating…

22 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

There is plenty of snow still in the mountains. I have at least a foot in southern Vermont and I’m only at 1000’. Higher up it’s closer to 2’. So it’s not a busy everywhere. At home on Long Island we have had a coating…

I was in Perkinsville last winter.  I imagine this winter is better than last.  Of course it is, because I am not there!