Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023

wdrag

1 hour ago, vegan_edible said:

literally insane how terrible this winter is going. im really hoping we either get one bomb storm late feb to even it out or we get something REALLY good next year... 

I don't know; I'm tempering my expectations until further notice.  I don't like the trends we've seen in recent years.  

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

Thanks Tony-- so during the noreaster phase of the storm the heaviest snow was to our south (with DC getting 20 inches) and during the wrap around part of the storm, the heaviest snows were upstate?

Sounds about right - id have to check the details.  I remember the following winter more as a kid than this event.  That seems like a long drawn out low maybe with some overrunning ahead of the main coastal. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Sounds about right - id have to check the details.  I remember the following winter more as a kid than this event.  That seems like a long drawn out low maybe with some overrunning ahead of the main coastal. 

I wish I was alive for the Summer of 1966 and the winter of 1966-67 sounds like it was as amazing as the period from 2009-10 to 2010-11 was!

9 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

It was overdone but RGEM seemed to be kind of right again as now almost all models have some light snow in our region tonight. 

The 12z models seem to be focusing on eastern Long Island. Maybe an inch or two out there, but everywhere has a decent shot at a coating. Good chance the snowless streak finally ends tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LibertyBell said:

Hopefully they actually measure that at NYC and JFK.  We had close to half an inch in December which they still called a trace.

I haven't even had a quarter inch coating of snow this winter. Just one time that the ground barely got dusted. So even seeing a half inch of snow on the ground would make me happy at this point, lol. That's how sad this winter is. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I haven't even had a quarter inch coating of snow this winter. Just one time that the ground barely got dusted. So even seeing a half inch of snow on the ground would make me happy at this point, lol. That's how sad this winter is. 

Yea I remember during the early 2010s with all the blizzards 1-3 inches was considered a non event, we were so spoiled. 

• Like 2

• Rjay unpinned this topic