Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023

wdrag

2 hours ago, psv88 said:

Another driving January rainstorm. Worst winter ever for sure. 

It's been atrocious here in the snowbelt too. Average snow depth this month has been Three TENTHS of an inch and that's basically from a trivial pack we have had this week. We have almost as many inches of rain as we have had inches of snow this month. Awful. Worst winter is right.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lee59 said:

Winter alive and well in North Conway N.H. They have quite a bit of snow on the ground. Enlarge to full screen, it looks nice.

https://whitemountains.tv/live-cam-north-conway-village-nh/

Mountain regions there average 200" so I would think they'd get snow.

But you know it's bad when you have to go to interior NNE in late January to find snow. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

But you know it's bad when you have to go to interior NNE in late January to find snow. 

They average about 80 inches per year and as you mention the nearby mountains get way more. Yes this has been a pathetic winter in our area.

43 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

That location on Rt 16 is at about 500 feet.  The base of Mount Cranmore (summit approx 1700 feet ) is about a half mile east of there.

Really pounding up at Wildcat: https://www.skiwildcat.com/the-mountain/mountain-conditions/mountain-cams.aspx

7 hours ago, weatherpruf said:

Man does this suck. Ugh. I know it's necessary, but I just hate rain. Just hate it. Nothing worse than winter rain. Stuck inside and short days. Enough already.

actually we dont need the rain and definitely dont want it.

I remember the good old days when we averaged less than 40 inches of rain a year hopefully we're returning to that with drier springs and summers.

35 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

actually we dont need the rain and definitely dont want it.

I remember the good old days when we averaged less than 40 inches of rain a year hopefully we're returning to that with drier springs and summers.

The opposite is likely to happen. As the Bermuda high pushes north west and the dry heat with it. We will have summers more like the south east with much higher dews and more convection. Add more tropical threats and we should average closer to 60” a year then 40”.

2 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

The opposite is likely to happen. As the Bermuda high pushes north west and the dry heat with it. We will have summers more like the south east with much higher dews and more convection. Add more tropical threats and we should average closer to 60” a year then 40”.

what I liked last year is with much less rain there were also much less bugs.  It was the first time I didn't have to spray, with all that rain I have to spray everything, all the borders around my house, my pond, garden, everything.  I hate nasty mosquitoes and giant spiders and creepy centipedes, I dont want NY to become like Texas.

I noticed my health was better and a lot less allergies with the drier air last summer.  It actually felt like the drier and hotter summers we had growing up here.

• Rjay unpinned this topic