Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023

wdrag

Just now, North and West said:

1.5” of snow here today for our biggest event of the season. Now enjoying some wind-driven 43° evening and overnight 1991-style January rain.

giphy.gif

Cool aside from  93-94 and 95-96 the most exciting things about the 90s were the December 1992 noreaster, the March 1993 superstorm and my other favorite, the intense heat of 1991, 1993, 1995 and 1999.  That's where I got my love of intense summer heat from.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Of course this over performs on rain.

Mid construction on new roof, tarps failed and I now have a literal rain storm in my dining room. Bucket brigade in effect. 

Sorry about that man :(  I had a new roof put in (for both my house and garage) a few years ago, and waited until the summer to do it, because that's when it usually doesn't precipitate here much.

9 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing much come out of this either. Looks like cutter cold front then ridge on this. 

RemarkableSpicyCuscus-size_restricted.gi

Western ridge axis is way too far west and no blocking. To me this just means that behind the cutters it gets colder which if it's possible I hate even more because in the winter there's nothing worse than warm cutter to cold/dry. Maybe this can promote some front end snow going into one of the cutters. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Western ridge axis is way too far west and no blocking. To me this just means that behind the cutters it gets colder which if it's possible I hate even more because in the winter there's nothing worse than warm cutter to cold/dry. Maybe this can promote some front end snow going into one of the cutters. 

Yup, that's probably exactly what we're looking at too. Just kick us while we're down. 

21 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I would just like nice and sunny now regardless of temps (although warmth is preferred), let the west keep its rain there.

• Like 1

Just now, the_other_guy said:

The bust on this week temp wise is really quite amazing. we keep talking about snow busts… but I don’t remember one model showing 5- 10° above normal and that’s basically what we’re going to be this whole week give or take.

Unbelievably relentless warmth.

Yes this is why I think that Jan 1932 record may fall.

Models have been HIGHLY underperforming on the warmth.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

The bust on this week temp wise is really quite amazing. we keep talking about snow busts… but I don’t remember one model showing 5- 10° above normal and that’s basically what we’re going to be this whole week give or take.

Unbelievably relentless warmth.

And we're now warm into next week.  Brief transient cold spell end of week

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Is there a purpose to making up the days though? If the kids pass their tests and do their work, why should it matter if they go to school for 180 days or less?

Ask the politicians; they seem to think they know better than everyone else. I mean why ask a professional? Seriously, it's all due to funding. Since our schools in this country basically compete for crumbs, every little bit counts. Without state aid, the schools can't really function, even with the high property taxes. And heaven forbid a teacher should get paid for 180 days when the school wasn't open for that many days. Shiver me timbers, that would just be unbearable. What's that you say? No one wants to do the job anymore? 

8 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

And we're now warm into next week.  Brief transient cold spell end of week

I'm done. Nothing is likely to happen this year. Maybe next year will be better. I know one thing. I'm dumping both snow blowers next year ( I got rid of one already ) and just keeping the electric toro. Haven't needed more than that since 2016, and that includes 2021. We just don't get big amounts IMBY even when areas nearby do.

• Like 2

• Rjay unpinned this topic