Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023

wdrag

27 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Has been snowing for about 90 min.  Have .7” thus far.  Temp fell from 32 to 29.5 and now stuck at 29.8 for last 30 min.  Sticking on all surfaces including treated road out front albeit not a well traveled road.

CCCA2FF5-9375-4958-B848-ACD4A9C91472.jpeg

6B6E75B4-4637-4536-908D-BF6BB567CFD5.jpeg

Sticking to everything here as well (where the GSP meets NYS).  Our very small, very lightly traveled road was also pre-treated and it's sticking to it as well with temps right around freezing. 

In fact it started sticking in the road around the same time as it started sticking on the asphalt driveway (not pre-treated!).  Not to go on a tangent but this pre-treating, which occurs now as soon as snow is mentioned, seems like a huge waste of time, resources and town money.  

Intensity easing now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Question. For Don probably.  Now that the record for latest measurable in CP is broken where are we in terms of the record for interval between measurable.  I think the record is 332 days but not sure and not sure what day we are at now.  Would love to bust that record as well.  After that not sure what is left except least in a season.

Latest first snow for NYC is January 29th.

Just one day in the next 16 has a 100% chance of being under 32.     That is the cold we are waiting for?:            Snow chances are naturally very low too, despite the 06Z's and 18Z's protestations.       Stick with the Ensembles.

1675512000-T3T3cG5XfVk.png

1676030400-zBnavwku8ps.png

2 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

Just one day in the next 16 has a 100% chance of being under 32.     That is the cold we are waiting for?:            Snow chances are naturally very low too, despite the 06Z's and 18Z's.      Stick with the Ensembles.

1675512000-T3T3cG5XfVk.png

Looks like a transient cold shot now vs a 10 day pattern change-an isle of cold in a sea of warmth....wash rinse repeat.

• Like 1

H E R E    L I E S   W I N T E R  the  D U D E

TO    SNOW    LOVERS    IT    WAS    VERY   RUDE   

Born:   Unknown-no paper work.        Death:    Shortly after Birth---from a High Fever.        Buried:   Far, Far, Away.

BUT   R E J O I C E   ! ! !  The Spring Rodeo Dance will be held One Month early this year----I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wishcast_hater said:

I still have snow from Monday.
Future radar went from snow till around 7 to a big hole in 1 hour. What the hell is going on?

I have some left also. It looks like we get dry slotted and then when precip picks up again it quickly turns to rain. Still moderate snow here but not much longer. 

I have some left also. It looks like we get dry slotted and then when precip picks up again it quickly turns to rain. Still moderate snow here but not much longer. 

My beef is why didn’t the future radar pick up on the dry slot in advance?. Just goes to show you how bad forecasting is even if it’s only hours in advance.

I’d rather it dryslot than get rain. That’s a big dry slot.

• Rjay unpinned this topic