Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023

wdrag

8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

It’s not warmer! Less snow because the best forcing goes north of us. 

It's a little bit of both. A little warmer and best forcing goes north. Bottom line is it went from showing a few inches for the NYC last night to almost nothing today. I'm sure NAM will start to back down soon too. 

12 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

It's 2 degrees warmer at 18z when the snow has just gotten underway than what 06z was showing 

6 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

It's a little bit of both. A little warmer and best forcing goes north. Bottom line is it went from showing a few inches for the NYC last night to almost nothing today. I'm sure NAM will start to back down soon too. 

Precipitation arrives later as well. Late afternoon 

52 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

not really sure. it's probably just bad luck... if the shortwave that led to the cutter came in a day later, it would have been a huge coastal storm, but the ridge was too far W

and then the follow up wave was a day too late and the ridge broke down out west. just really bad timing, could have been a very good stretch. luck is always in our winters here

I think the lack of a 50/50 did us in. Although we were modeled to get one for a time. Totally agree with your point here. Our timing has just been off. We just can't time anything to workout favorably. Anywhere with anything it seems like. If that makes sense. Including big picture stuff. All season long. It's amazingly annoying. This block belongs in the trash let us never speak of this block again lol.

compday.dQA8cvH4SO.gif.b218d9f949265b501e35157e867e91a7.gif

trash-taking.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Absurd actually.   It's literally a couple white rain showers....

Southwest CT coast has been in a hole evidenced by radar.  Legit light snow here for the past half hour.  Nice flakes.  Not sticking.  35°

White rain = mostly to nearly completely melted snowflakes reaching the ground.

1 hour ago, EastonSN+ said:

What I find funny are the different moods in different forums. NE and MA forums are mostly optimistic while this one is on the pessimistic side.

If the snow added up a fraction as much as the NY ennui, we'd be in business.

It's often more monotonous than the weather.

Steady light snow continues.  Temp stuck at 35° 

• Rjay unpinned this topic