Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023

wdrag

24 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It was more like 8 that went to a heavy rain on the south shore of Long Island. Which would fit this winter.

it did change over briefly at the end for most of us and I do remember Eastern Long Island getting pretty screwed with that. But for most of the metro was a legit snowstorm followed by cold air that kept it on the ground for around a week. If that could happen this winter, I would take it and run.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Judging by the radar in E PA, most of us should at least get a period of snow as that precip pivots through. It might just be white rain for many though unless it can crash the temp down to near 32. The upper levels are cooling enough though to allow snow. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

It’ll probably snow for a while near the coast but the BL will be too warm for it to stick unless it can snow hard enough to get it to 32. So it’ll be a lot of white rain which models seem to be alluding to anyway. 

Yeah, has that look. Agree. Just want to see the atmosphere produce a couple flakes. This is what we've been reduced to :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

It’ll probably snow for a while near the coast but the BL will be too warm for it to stick unless it can snow hard enough to get it to 32. So it’ll be a lot of white rain which models seem to be alluding to anyway. 

Yep ground is warm we've had a half inch of rain and marginal temps so white rain or maybe a cartopper if we're really lucky.

2 hours ago, the_other_guy said:

I would take the 11 inches and brutal one week cold shot at this point. Wouldnt you??!!

Sadly, i think this is 97-98 instead

There was another big arctic shot most don't remember....in April 1995, and I mean it was a BIG one, we got down into the low 20s with highs only in the mid 30s under full sunshine and very windy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wdrag said:

I kind of agree: I know some mets in the Boston area always tend to like a snow event within a couple of days of Feb 7. 

As a kid in the autumn of 1977, I predicted a snowstorm for February 6.  My orthodontist had asked me when it was going to snow.  He remembered the prediction when it actually happened.  I didn't know squat, I just liked that date.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

:lol:

I get on them for cancelling school sometimes but I can kind of understand it with the timing today. It's coming down, expected to continue until mid afternoon, and roads can get slippery and the buses cover a large area. Back in my day I used to walk miles to school in the snow uphill both ways. They just don't make them like they used to. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic