• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023

wdrag

That’s different than winter being over.

You’re confusing the two.

And you’re doing it for a responses most likely.

There are three more months of winter. One way or another you will have more winter weather.

Are we going to get near a normal snowfall? No. Not likely.

Are we going to go above normal snowfall? No. Almost certainly not.
There is plenty of historical evidence to back up those two claims.

But saying winter is over on 12/30 is disingenuous.

Might as well cancel next winter while we’re at it.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Awful weather 

I think it's beautiful. If it's not gonna snow it might as well be warm. 60 degrees is a lot better than a mediocre warmup to 50 degrees. I love that I'll be able to go for a run outside this afternoon with just a t-shirt on. Hopefully we'll get some snow later in January, but for now enjoy the warm weather. 

12 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I think it's beautiful. If it's not gonna snow it might as well be warm. 60 degrees is a lot better than a mediocre warmup to 50 degrees. I love that I'll be able to go for a run outside this afternoon with just a t-shirt on. Hopefully we'll get some snow later in January, but for now enjoy the warm weather. 

Yea it's great. Awful was last weekend with below zero wind chills

Not surprised to see temps exceed forecast under SW winds

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

By end of next week

It was always supposed to cool down at the end of next week after the 1 week blowtorch pattern. But the cooldown doesn't look like a big deal. Look at the Euro. The cooldown probably won't even get us all the way down to normal temps. Still a mild pattern with no sign of any major cold. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

It was always supposed to cool down at the end of next week after the 1 week blowtorch pattern. But the cooldown doesn't look like a big deal. Look at the Euro. The cooldown probably won't even get us all the way down to normal temps. Still a mild pattern with no sign of any major cold. 

Not sure if this post was in reference to snow chances or just temps but we don't really major cold to snow chances in January, just close to average. 

8 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Things are unlikely to change much if the parade of storms into the west continues to go on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yup. Instead of +20 it will be +5-10

• Rjay unpinned this topic