Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 22 - 25 possible historic wintery/mix/rain event obs

Hurricane Agnes

3 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

About 1.40” for the event total. Cold chasing precip rarely works out, so I’m glad there’s white on the ground just before Christmas.

24F/DP 19F

I  always count on half what they predict.

I have a small layer on the grass/rooftop/car top but at least it's windy and cold the next few days so that's good...

24F...you can just hear the cold air rolling in.

Forecast low tonight 7F. w/winds. Nice! :D

low.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I thought roads would be worse but I'm headed out to get my traditional Whopper in your honor for every time it snows.

Not me.  The snow was coming just after temp drops and ended when it was 29 here.  Never was going to be an issue on the roads.  Flash freeze WAY overblown, as usual 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Not me.  The snow was coming just after temp drops and ended when it was 29 here.  Never was going to be an issue on the roads.  Flash freeze WAY overblown, as usual 

Plus the high winds were always going to dry out roads quickly.  Not really sure why the local stations were pumping it up as a big issue.  Mt Holly didn’t.

4 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Pretty much.

It will only be a problem at intersections where the snow melted and created a puddle then froze.:arrowhead:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Wasn’t it a high of like 55 at 3am?  Kinda hard for a short period of snow to stick to roads at that temp and soaking wet from rain

We had 60s the day before storms and it stuck the next day. I agree it's tough but it didn't even try to stick, back roads, parking lots. It was coming done hard also. I was expecting a little something...not right way but something.

22F here, DP 8. The snow frosting dried up or melted, but this cold means business.

Lost a tree around noon that we knew was on the way out, had planned on cutting off one large mostly dead branch, but now the whole tree is down. It was about 7 feet from the NW corner of the barn, but it fell due north, thankfully. I mean thank goodness! It did empty the rainwater out of the green wagon, lol. Gives me something to do in my spare time, haha.

1223221458_HDR_copy_2945x2767_copy_2486x1986_copy_832x665.jpg.093446e89f6a2fb4d0f6092851bf4300.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

22F here, DP 8. The snow frosting dried up or melted, but this cold means business.

Lost a tree around noon that we knew was on the way out, had planned on cutting off one large mostly dead branch, but now the whole tree is down. It was about 7 feet from the NW corner of the barn, but it fell due north, thankfully. I mean thank goodness! It did empty the rainwater out of the green wagon, lol. Gives me something to do in my spare time, haha.

1223221458_HDR_copy_2945x2767_copy_2486x1986_copy_832x665.jpg.093446e89f6a2fb4d0f6092851bf4300.jpg

Wow.   Glad nothing was damaged.  

1 hour ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Do you think tomorrow morning is going to have thick & streaming lake effect clouds from the NW flow? Or clearer skies? Was thinking it could be a decent sunrise, might shoot to the shore to take some pics, with the well-groomed swell and strong offshore winds it should look nice.  

Might not be too bad, forecast here calls for west winds tomorrow. Could be nice and steamy out on the water!

9 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Wow…glad it didn’t land on anything!

P.S. That the saddest looking snow pile (puddle) I’ve ever seen. Reminds me of when Frosty went into the hothouse.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Yikes!  I know there are a bunch of dead and half-dead trees in the woods near my house (you could tell during the summer when their tops were leafless and some of the branches had leaves and others didn't).  I wouldn't be surprised if any of those snapped (although as long as they fall within the woods line, then the impact is minimal to none). :yikes:

Currently partly sunny with changeable skies, breezy, and now down to 21 with dp 9.

12 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

22F here, DP 8. The snow. frosting dried up or melted, but this cold means business.

Lost? That's a train wreck. Burn it in your fire pit while enjoying some Ketel One or JD . Looks dead,dry and good to burn.

19F/Winds cranking... 

nw.jpg

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Lost? That's a train wreck. Burn it in your fire pit while enjoying some Ketel One or JD . Looks dead,dry and good to burn.

19F/Winds cranking... 

nw.jpg

Well, we have been running low on kettle fire wood lately, but not anymore! Don't think we'll have the traditional Friday night kettle fire tonight though. Pretty brutal out with the wind.

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Well, we have been running low on kettle fire wood lately, but not anymore! Don't think we'll have the traditional Friday night kettle fire tonight though. Pretty brutal out with the wind.

That's some nice wood. You should be good. I can hear it snapping/crackling/popping now.

Made up my mind and going for a 2 mile loop walk. Roads are super dry...flash freeze?

Down to 18F...