Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

2 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

it got so bad, stebo had to come out of hiding.

I have been reading all day, if only we had a bit of moderation :rolleyes:

That said, yes that comment was bad, like just read Naso, your answer will come in time. Plus you supposedly understand models so you should be able to find the answer on your own. Stop being lazy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stebo said:

I have been reading all day, if only we had a bit of moderation :rolleyes:

That said, yes that comment was bad, like just read Naso, your answer will come in time. Plus you supposedly understand models so you should be able to find the answer on your own. Stop being lazy.

We are a well behaved forum, we don't need a chaperone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LansingWeather said:

How is that wrong? I have lived in this area for the majority of my life. The best storms go west and east of Michigan, it warms up and we lose the few inches we manage to get. Lansing is too far from the lake to get anything other than mood flakes, good storms that make it nearly every time have mixing issues as well.

Non-lake-effect big-dogs are rare as they are in most places in the Midwest.  Chicago has been more lucky the past decade as far as getting the bullseye on the larger storms, but that wasn't always the case.

6 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Your posts have been C- at best including fighting Josh on climo which he knows better than most here. I would suggest doing better.

I've been fighting Josh for years. I don't know why I bother anymore. I guess i thought i could wear him down but hes been consistently glass half full. He looks at the big picture, while I prefer the big dog and fine with no snow outside of that. Different strokes I suppose. I'll take C- from a dry/ornery negative Nancy like yourself. If you were a professor, you'd prob flunk a whole class cause you could. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, frostfern said:

Non-lake-effect big-dogs are rare as they are in most places in the Midwest.  Chicago has been more lucky the past decade as far as getting the bullseye on the larger storms, but that wasn't always the case.

Truthfully I haven't done too bad considering the climb of the region. One 21, and two 18 events and a number of 12+. Just wish the 21 was later in the season vs November. 

• Like 2

I feel like no one in Michigan has it worse than Macomb County, and Macomb Township in particular. Shelby Township can get 8", Mt. Clemens can get 8", and we'll get 3". Then it melts. 

We've had one 10"+ snowfall since 2014, IIRC. 

I'm just happy for a white Christmas. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

I've been fighting Josh for years. I don't know why I bother anymore. I guess i thought i could wear him down but hes been consistently glass half full. He looks at the big picture, while I prefer the big dog and fine with no snow outside of that. Different strokes I suppose. I'll take C- from a dry/ornery negative Nancy like yourself. If you were a professor, you'd prob flunk a whole class cause you could. 

:lol:

14 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

This is funny 

One thing I'm definitely not looking forward to is the wind making my room very cold.  The prolonged winds are going to send my bedroom room temp to the lower 50s or lower since the A/C is in the window facing northwest.  Space heater will be running tomorrow and Friday when I'm awake.  Anyways, anticipating 4-5 inches of snow here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, beavis1729 said:

Pretty brutal conditions in Williston ND right now. Temp -23 with a sustained 25 mph NW wind, wind chill -55.

The other reason I love the lake. Keeps a lid on temps when that kind of cold pays a visit. Ofcourse anything below zero feels brutal.. 

• Like 2