Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

8 minutes ago, TheNiño said:

Everyone seems cranky in here.

A lot of sarcasm. At least from me. Though some are perpetually cranky it seems. :lol:

Anyways, sometimes it’s fun to try pull out a little more snow in the end, when things have gone off the cliff for a day or two. Hopefully everyone does well enough to have some decent snows tomorrow and Friday.

I think it was cyclone who brought up the Dec 1987 storm's rapid deepening and the enhanced winds that occurred on a localized basis.  Hard to say but I wonder if that kind of thing gets repeated somewhere in MI/OH possibly IN with localized overperforming winds.  Just such a rapid loss of pressure with this.

23 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

We're they ever on with this threat? Pretty pointless starting a thread more than 72 hrs out nowadays. 

What location outside of Michigan 

25 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Better off taking the lions over our winters. 

What does this mean 

This is giving me PTSD flashbacks to a Christmastime storm a few years back when I stayed up late into the night comparing every pixel on the SPC mesoanalysis MSLP charts to what the HRRR/RAP suite was showing as a big low moved through Indiana, to sniff out any signs the low was actually gonna be west of where models had it (giving ORD more snow).

Needless to say, it did not happen.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kaner88 said:

This is giving me PTSD flashbacks to a Christmastime storm a few years back when I stayed up late into the night comparing every pixel on the SPC mesoanalysis MSLP charts to what the HRRR/RAP suite was showing as a big low moved through Indiana, to sniff out any signs the low was actually gonna be west of where models had it (giving ORD more snow).

Needless to say, it did not happen.

But maybe it’ll happen this time! :scooter:

• Haha 1