Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

1 minute ago, NYC10023 said:

Which is what I’m looking for ❄️

first winter here (from NYC where the boards would be insufferable right now) so really hoping for a SE MI jackpot. Specifically Port Huron but ya know can’t be picky

Welcome! Sorry it's been a poor start to your first winter here, but should be fun tomorrow night I to the weekend!

1 minute ago, michsnowfreak said:

Welcome! Sorry it's been a poor start to your first winter here, but should be fun tomorrow night I to the weekend!

Thanks

hell it’s been better than the east coast so I’m not complaining at all. They’re just getting rain outta this so the disappointment level is about a 10/10 with that crew

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Getting excited for tomorrow night. Going to be an insane temperature drop as the rain quickly turns to snow with blizzard conditions

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

DTX even said snowfall amounts are lower confidence than normal for 24 to 36 hours out, I have a feeling they will raise amounts tomorrow and maybe go with a blizzard warning instead of the current winter storm warning. 

No doubt they were urged by other offices to not be late to the Warning party what with the holiday travels and all. Curious to see how this will compare to '78 at DTW since I'm now living in DTW-land. 

17 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Pretty remarkable to see the sfc low scoot barely n of due e between 03z-12z Friday while deepening 16 mb in those 9 hours.  Normally you'd expect more of a northward tug.

Seems too progressive. The cold has re-aligned to the north but looks like all the energy is focused further N. Digging? What digging?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

DTX, GRR and IWX def need to up the totals in their warnings and consider upgrades if trends continue, a couple more inches with the winds forecast will be the difference between intermittent whiteouts and full blown blizzard

I agree in my earlier post 4-8 not 2-4. I feel like it’s a false sense of security for the normies

7 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Snow bands always end up a bit more nw than modeled, so I don't think areas east of 75 will see too much accumulation. Should look pretty blizzardly for a few hours tho.

They don't always end up Northwest. The sure-as-anything nw trend is so 2008. I'm liking 3-6" total. But of course drifting everywhere. 

• Weenie 1