Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

5 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Getting excited for tomorrow night. Going to be an insane temperature drop as the rain quickly turns to snow with blizzard conditions

Yes,

I’m not sure what the models are looking at because the ensembles show the best moisture actually from middle lower, Michigan and eastward into Ontario.

they actually have the low track much further east than any of the models?

Just now, michsnowfreak said:

DTX even said snowfall amounts are lower confidence than normal for 24 to 36 hours out, I have a feeling they will raise amounts tomorrow and maybe go with a blizzard warning instead of the current winter storm warning. 

I haven’t seen the afd I’ll look at it now. That’s my thinking. Waiting to pull the trigger on that

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Getting excited for tomorrow night. Going to be an insane temperature drop as the rain quickly turns to snow with blizzard conditions

Same here. I live a couple miles off lake michigan. Expecting some insane wind gusts. However, like previous systems, the higher snow totals will probably be right along US131 because of these winds. 1 to 2 feet aint too bad though. Drifting is going to be something I dont think I have seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

While the lack of a solid Gulf connection is an issue, the bigger issue has been the multi-day trend towards a weaker/delayed amping/further east track to the storm system as it moves through much of the sub-forum.

Should copy and paste this for future reference.

• Haha 5