Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 22-23, 2022: Warm Rain to Arctic Chill

WxUSAF

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Another overhyped arctic front by the msm and the prez. Unless in the upper Midwest or down wind of the great lakes this is a nothingburger. We get 2 of these a season. Very cold? Sure...but thats also relative. I get it....travel day and all that. I'm just looking at obs and reports and I'm far from impressed. Just being honest. Avocados underperformed

We definitely don’t get two fronts a year in the dc area that drop us from 45 degrees at 7am to 15 degrees or lower at 5pm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

We definitely don’t get two fronts a year in the dc area that drop us from 45 degrees at 7am to 15 degrees or lower at 5pm.

You're right, my exaggeration got the best of me. Just saying watching the temps plummet is cool and all but it really isn't mega rare. Most of us are here for snow tho, not cold fronts.

5 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Tent is up!   -3F and it says wind chill is -26F right now.  Wood stove is starting to pump out some heat but the tent is still well below freezing apparently. On and off snow showers with sun peaking through from time to time.  

Once the tent warms, what temp do you keep it at ?

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

You're right, my exaggeration got the best of me. Just saying watching the temps plummet is cool and all but it really isn't mega rare. Most of us are here for snow tho, not cold fronts.

It is the timing that is more rare.  If this was happening in late January, it would be compelling, but not a massive story.  

Also, I posted stats last night that showed that the daily drop in DC will probably be top-5 in the last 30-40 years.  We will also be setting low max records on Christmas Eve.  That is very noteworthy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic