Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 22-23, 2022: Warm Rain to Arctic Chill

WxUSAF

Just now, BristowWx said:

Seeing some mixed rain with rain right now.  

Me too. Had a windy mix as well for a moment of rain and rain slant. Temps went from a balmy 37 to a shivering 40.8 

Guessing that the the cold lags a wee bit. The ground is soaking wet though. When the drop occurs it may have some water to freeze 

50 minutes ago, George BM said:

Interested in what precip type @Round Hill WX and @midatlanticweather are getting with this line.

Just rain. It was kind of heavy but I did not see any sleet or anything. The temp. Did fall 3 degrees to 37 but went right back up to 41 after the precip stopped. Winds gusted 20 to 30 mph. 

8 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

Just rain. It was kind of heavy but I did not see any sleet or anything. The temp. Did fall 3 degrees to 37 but went right back up to 41 after the precip stopped. Winds gusted 20 to 30 mph. 

Just had a 20-30 second burst of heavy graupel that quickly coated the street in Herndon with that line... then it was back to lightish rain and a breeze. Those 20-30 seconds were neato though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George BM said:

Just had a 20-30 second burst of heavy graupel that quickly coated the street in Herndon with that line... then it was back to lightish rain and a breeze. Those 20-30 seconds were neato though.

That little line solidified just east of me! Like a few miles east! I did not get that in my backyard. I think that may have been why did not get the mix. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic