on the track of the closed upper-level low, which there is still
some uncertainty with. If the track is farther south in
latitude, that will increase the chances for this period of
snow. As of now, the best chance will be across northern and
central areas of the CWA (northern Shenandoah Valley, northern
VA, northern MD).

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

this is the type of thing I'd expect with a climate going haywire.  Should be an interesting day

Wait...why would this be the result of any sort of climate change?

Arctic fronts bring in really cold air. Always have, always will...as the graphs in that tweet show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

EURO doesn’t quite look like the GFS but it has a clearer signal for a little backend snow.

Check out the 850 winds at hr 78 on the Euro, 12z Friday. Looks like most of us are in a left exit region of the jet. Would at least support some decent snow showers or maybe even a period of light snow. By HR84, 18z Fri, there's another wind maxima over Baltimore metro, would aid in cold air advection and make for a pretty nasty afternoon. Heck, by 00z Sat, the Euro wants to bring low end High Wind Warning criteria gusts to the Mason-Dixon counties.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Don't be sorry...what's the forecast? 

WSW says 4-6" snow w/ 1/4" of ice.  Low of 1F on Friday night and a high of 5F on Saturday.  Wind chills -25F.  Our campsite is right on top of the ridge above 3k ft so I expect we'll be on the high end of snow and wind, and low end of temps.   Gonna spend a lot of time in the sleeping bags I expect.  

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

3 minutes ago, IronTy said:

WSW says 4-6" snow w/ 1/4" of ice.  Low of 1F on Friday night and a high of 5F on Saturday.  Wind chills -25F.  Our campsite is right on top of the ridge above 3k ft so I expect we'll be on the high end of snow and wind, and low end of temps.   Gonna spend a lot of time in the sleeping bags I expect.  

Weren't you just ready for Spring yesterday? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Exactly what the Donner party thought … this might be fun!

• Haha 9

13 minutes ago, IronTy said:

You couldn't pay me to camp in that kind of weather.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Color me stupid but i have a feeling there are some changes to this thing still happening. Not necessarily saying anything positive for us but this mornings models seem to be a little different. Looks like Chicago is the new Mid Atlantic

Widespread model fraud on this one- might be a lot of bagholders in Chicago as well now.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, nj2va said:

You couldn't pay me to camp in that kind of weather.  

Let the record show who the true enthusiasts and weenies are.  When the rubber meets the road the enthusiasts are out becoming one with the elements vs. weenies riding each run of the model suites from the comfort of their living room hearths.  

• Weenie 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic