Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

15 minutes ago, alex said:

Just took my kid to a party. The weather around here is crazy. 30 and moderate to sometime heavy snow here. 36 and mixed precip/rain in Twin Mountain, 5 miles away. 28 and zero precipitation in Whitefield! 

My next door neighbor is currently riding the Cog up the Rockpile.  They posted it was snowing pretty good

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alex said:

Just took my kid to a party. The weather around here is crazy. 30 and moderate to sometime heavy snow here. 36 and mixed precip/rain in Twin Mountain, 5 miles away. 28 and zero precipitation in Whitefield! 

Been snowing pretty hard at the ski area, vis definitely in the 1/2sm range at times.

Down in the valley MVL ASOS is 3/4sm snow at 32F.

I had planned to head up and take a few runs on the sherburne this am and then ski at Black in PM but just didn't have the energy this morning. Just looked at the webcam at Wildcat - heavy snow - regretting my decision! Snowing hard at SLoaf too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

“Here” ftw?

Haha yes i suppose. Not unusual to see big differences in upslope or downsloping situations, but the change in temperature profiles was a bit unexpected for this. But could just be that I haven’t really been following this system, I thought it was more of a basic clipper

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Angus said:

I had planned to head up and take a few runs on the sherburne this am and then ski at Black in PM but just didn't have the energy this morning. Just looked at the webcam at Wildcat - heavy snow - regretting my decision! Snowing hard at SLoaf too.

Pickles ftw at Wildcat 

• Like 1

We still have a pretty much solid cover here, too. A little patchy on hillsides that get full exposure to the sun. But it still looks like winter. Must be the water content in the snow because a fluffy type would have long ago disappeared. I'm pretty sure it will be gone for the couple of near-normal days this coming week and the one-day wonder at the end. In Southbridge, MA it's all gone and Worcester looks pretty much the same (at least from 290).  46/35 right now.

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Holy smokes, came down to HadleyAmherst to hit the big box stores and there is no snow cover.   Greenfield is only 18 miles north and there’s full 3-4” snow cover.  

Noticed that Friday when I had an appt out that way, there's seems to be a line separating winter from semi winter.

• Like 1