Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

So we can Only post maps that give Tolland snow . I think he’s just excited and maybe a sprinkle of marketing to entice folks north 

Don’t care about marketing as much, but it’s the weather where a few of us live.

Wild times when it’s trolling.  Guess we’ll just eat all obs and winter disco until Tolland gets snow? :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, that was insane...I had like 14" but it all fell in like 4-5 hours, lol.

EWB to PYM had kind of gotten screwed in the previous two events, so they started playing catchup there....and they got some good events after that when we finally started coming back to earth.

Yeah, Bruce Willis to the rescue lol. I know I had no right to complain, but that will always bother me. 

25 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Orh with 3 feet I had 29.5 and this started what turned out to be the greatest month of my wx life. I remember by week 3 the warministas kept saying the pattern was breaking but that mofo was boss. What a memorable time. Never imagined I would beat out Feb 34 but here we were.

Feb. 2015 was a bit odd in that it set few daily minima records while setting many all-time records for the month, some places for any month.  At the Farmington co-op, 2/15 is coldest by nearly 2° but never came closer than 5° to tie a daily record.  No/few record cold mornings but just never got mild - the above co-op had 22 days with subzero minima and the mildest morning was 7°.  At my frost pocket the number were 24 subzero lows and 5°.  The month had maybe 3 hours of temp >32, reaching 34 on 2/22 while the next highest max was 30 three days later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

So we can Only post maps that give Tolland snow . I think he’s just excited and maybe a sprinkle of marketing to entice folks north 

Usually it doesn’t bother me at all and it does pump me up to go get some up north. But, we have ratted so hard down here this season it does feel like a bit of a knife twist for us in the tropics counting individual flakes. I know that trolling is not the intention… just perceived as such in a King Ratter winter. 

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Imagine getting 7 qpf in Jan and only coming out with 2 to 5 inches of snow. I would have told you impossible if you predicted that.

Can't quite match that, but Jan 2014 had 3.77" here, 120% of average, plus temps 3.5° BN (11.1° mean) while getting only 5.1" SN, lowest of 25 Januarys.  For the Farmington co-op it was worse - 4.3", ranking 129th of 130 Januarys.  Sometimes even the best hitters swing and miss on a meatball hanging curve.

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Can't quite match that, but Jan 2014 had 3.77" here, 120% of average, plus temps 3.5° BN (11.1° mean) while getting only 5.1" SN, lowest of 25 Januarys.  For the Farmington co-op it was worse - 4.3", ranking 129th of 130 Januarys.  Sometimes even the best hitters swing and miss on a meatball hanging curve.

Wow was decent here with 22 inches on 3.99 3 BN but mid month thaw screwed it up