Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Enjoy the 15 hour ride to find enough snow to snowmobile. Epicosity indeed 

It ain’t 15 hrs..it’s 8.5-9. And I choose that area cuz it’s the best. Be careful shooting your mouth off on things you know lil to nothing about.  I can go 5 hrs and be fine. I chose the best area 30 yrs ago, after sampling many decent places. 

• Weenie 3

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It ain’t 15 hrs..it’s 8.5-9. And I choose that area cuz it’s the best. Be careful shooting your mouth off on things you know lil to nothing about.  I can go 5 hrs and be fine. I chose the best area 30 yrs ago, after sampling many decent places. 

I’m just busting, I know you don’t need to go 15 hours. Believe it or not, there were snowmobiles at the McDonald’s I stopped at in Ossipee NH yesterday.

It is nice to finally see some areas of New England getting snow, but it’s still rusty nails for most of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m just busting, I know you don’t need to go 15 hours. Believe it or not, there were snowmobiles at the McDonald’s I stopped at in Ossipee NH yesterday.

It is nice to finally see some areas of New England getting snow, but it’s still rusty nails for most of us.

I believe that.

I get it..it’s like pulling teeth this season so far. But There’s nothing we can do. I’m hoping for one decent to major storm for us…And between that, and a few trips up north, I’ll salvage the winter, And call it a season.  I’ve lived through this many times before in the 80’s and very early 90’s. It’s eerily familiar. And I agree it sucks ass. 

29 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Per the ensembles we mild up a bit before our next window between Feb 3 and Feb 7. Then we mild up for a while (prolly until we get back to phase 8).

Shhhh Don’t say that I got roasted for that yesterday.  But seriously I think it ends up being feb 1 to feb 10 for larger window of opportunity with a very favorable 4-5 day period somewhere in there.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Shhhh Don’t say that I got roasted for that yesterday.  But seriously I think it ends up being feb 1 to feb 10 for larger window of opportunity with a very favorable 4-5 day period somewhere in there.. 

Probably get a HECS that first week of Feb bc I will be in the hospital with wife for baby delivery.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Thanks. I still can't find that on the link. What drop down do I select under single station to get that? The first one graph?

On the single station menu selection, select "seasonal time series" and then under "options" you choose "average temperature" and then under "period of interest" on that same selection you choose when you want the time series to be for.....I selected "other" and put the date 1/1-1/20 in there.

HVN has issues though with all that missing data from 1979-2001. A place like BDR would have the full record.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Should consider something like dewpoint for the next one. We're headed that way!

You know ... I've been thinking about that DP thing.   I almost wonder if that's going to be how most of our CC expression tends to behave/express in our summer climates of the future.

As this inevitable change ( if not crisis) continues onward into the future ... it seems we have been reporting elevated nocturnal temperatures here more so than the other side of the diurnals - we have above normal afternoons..sure,  but in terms of standard deviation, the night times throughout the eastern OV MA and NE regions seems owned by the lows. 

In a conceptual sense that makes sense actually.  We are an exit point in an increasingly cT summer realm...so we live and breath and measure in a cloud of continental farts... It's hard to add enough solar heating to a 76 F DP, and still get the temperature too crazy in the afternoons at our latitude. That heat wave we had around the 4th of July in 2017 may have been our first synergistic heat wave ( Pac NW, just the way we express it...)  I recall DPs one day in that stretch were 79 F, at 2pm at 94 F (averaged local unofficial home sites within a short clicks of my location) ...  If we'd have done that 67 F, the air T might have made 105... speculation. 

But, the shorter version, I sense that we just get warmer and wetter here as a climate response, where as places like the Pac NW or the SW... or even the Dakotas, where they have less miasma, that's where they get those buck10+

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, I can't even reminisce about the birth of my first born without Tip launching into an essay about CC and how the Hadley Cell is going to eat the world...Christ. :axe:

It's not always about you friend  ;)

I think it is cherish-able that you get to be a father, and congratulations -

but ...you can also keep your climate resentment - if not coveted denial - as a compartmentilized effort.  If you succeed in doing that, it won't bother you that I was talking to Scott.

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's not always about you friend  ;)

I think it is cherish-able that you get to be a father, and congratulations -

but ...you can also keep your climate resentment - if not coveted denial - as a compartmentilized effort.  If you succeed in doing that, it won't bother you that I was talking to Scott.

Thanks.

No, I'm not in denial.. you are simply obsessed with attributing everything to climate change.

How is that ENSO is now irrelevant ideology working out this year?

Anyway, there is a thread for that.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Probably get a HECS that first week of Feb bc I will be in the hospital with wife for baby delivery.

My daughter was born on Dec 1, 2019. It snowed over 20" in MHT when we were at the hospital. Managed some radar checks from time to time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4