Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I apologize if you feel misinterpreted.  However when you said we should fold the thread I took you at your word and frustration.  Everyone in sne is annoyed at a so far useless winter.  But as Will confirmed, we’ll continue to discuss it even if people are losing their shit over lack of snow.

It's okay man. Emotions are running high. I know everyone's on here for the same reason. We all have the same hopes. I didn't mean to jump on you either. All is good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

A theme of my conceptualization for this season was always a prominent PAC jet/+EPO that would be problematic at times in that it would induce a very mild pattern. February was a dead-ringer for a such a period. And while I did also expect a prominent January thaw, I did not expect the entire month to be a thaw, so I will not even try to spin that. Cut my losses and see how  much of the work I can salvage.

Not one day has stayed below 32. I think even Will would have trouble finding another example.

1 hour ago, 512high said:

Part of me wants to the the towel in, I'm sitting maybe at 4"+/_ right now, after tonight /Friday I assume below 12", but staying the course either we call it a ratter (maybe sooner then later) Maybe we will hit average numbers  who knows, at least their are storms to track here and there....hopefully we all cash in on the big one looming somewhere! 

According to the acis data site, the CWSU has measured 5.2” this year. That’s actually high for me in south Nashua lol.

Either way, just pitiful. 

• Sad 1

I'm still optimistic about the next 6 weeks.  One thing that continues to be shown is that Canada is finally going to cool off.  Yes, the little below normal stretch in late Jen/early Feb is not sustained in the US, but it does seem to be in most of Canada, based on the CFS weeklies and the 35 day GEFS, and even when eastern Canada warms a little, its not torched like it has been.  While it might not be good for sustained snow pack, we're going to have our chances with storms, especially as the SE ridge modulates - when it fades a little we might get our chances at some coastals with some cold air to feed them, even if its a positive anomaly overall for the month.  I may still be S-O-L in the coastal plain for most of the upcoming chances, but, overall for New England it's a much better pattern for potential snow.  I do like the colder trend at the end of the month as well.  Just my two cents...  We'll see how I feel about this prognostication on March 1!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris12WX said:

According to the acis data site, the CWSU has measured 5.2” this year. That’s actually high for me in south Nashua lol.

Either way, just pitiful. 

For whatever reason they always seem low. I always double check my obs against the Hudson coop because hes usually close to mine. He's at 9.1"... either way its been pathetic.