Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Could be a really good stretch if it works out, Foothills, Mtns and northern areas look to cash big time.

Hoping for a combined foot by the end of next week, ended up grooming yesterday, that 3-4 inches of sleety stuff gave us just enough to work with for our first grooming run of the year, but definitely need quite a bit more. 

324898758_748672886816854_33633621220559

324563602_872983924014011_40109774001319

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Nice runs for up here over the next week. We’re riding the line, but could have decent net gains on all 3 systems. 

That’s my impression.  With a messenger tick or two we are snow on snow on snow.  That’s how wpc and gyx discussions read, even though the mood is not so great in this mostly SNE forum. Even if it goes a bit to the warm side, we get the juicy front end.  I like the idea of a heavy windy snowstorm mid week.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheMainer said:

Hoping for a combined foot by the end of next week, ended up grooming yesterday, that 3-4 inches of sleety stuff gave us just enough to work with for our first grooming run of the year, but definitely need quite a bit more. 

324898758_748672886816854_33633621220559

324563602_872983924014011_40109774001319

This first one wont give you much, Maybe 1-2", But Mon-Thurs would set that area up nicely, Be a lot to handle in a short period though.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This first one wont give you much, Maybe 1-2", But Mon-Thurs would set that area up nicely, Be a lot to handle in a short period though,

Yeah same happened end of January and beginning of February last year, 2 back to back storms over a foot, hard yanking a drag through almost 30 inches of snow up some of our hills, but our machine climbs really well thankfully, at this point I'd take whatever we can get, haha. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheMainer said:

Yeah same happened end of January and beginning of February last year, 2 back to back storms over a foot, hard yanking a drag through almost 30 inches of snow up some of our hills, but our machine climbs really well thankfully, at this point I'd take whatever we can get, haha. 

I'm sure you won't mind, You know many riders love to be first tracks out.......lol, Let those sleds beat the crap out of the pack, That will help.

• Like 1

All I am saying is that people should try to keep an open mind, despite how frustrating this season has been...and for many, continues to be. I am NOT saying that anyone who doesn't feel this winter will turn around is silly, or a joke....not at all. Its possible this winter just ends up as a rat for many locales. I just hedge against that....at least for much of New England, anyway.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

All I am saying is that people should try to keep an open mind, despite how frustrating this season has been...and for many, continues to be. I am NOT saying that anyone who doesn't feel this winter will turn around is silly, or a joke....not at all. Its possible this winter just ends up as a rat for many locales. I just hedge against that....at least for much of New England, anyway.

There is a ton of ground to make up though, especially in NNE. Like these next few systems have to break right. Rainers for everyone but PF isn’t going to help that deficit. It’s going to be very hard to make up ground to avoid a rat if something doesn’t work out over the next 10 days minus tonight 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

There is a ton of ground to make up though, especially in NNE. Like these next few systems have to break right. Rainers for everyone but PF isn’t going to help that deficit. It’s going to be very hard to make up ground to avoid a rat if something doesn’t work out over the next 10 days minus tonight 

Yea, understood.

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yeah there are some positive signs with the polar vortex, even if it’s not an SSW just a weaker than normal polar vortex could be enough to help us avoid a rat. I don’t think it will be enough to get us to climo, but I’ll gladly take one big storm to get us out of complete rat territory.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No. Southern NH and VT...Berkshires...maybe even n ORH co hills.

The next 10 days or so, if they tilt slightly colder could put my area on track to exceed average.  I mean 6-8 with this system, 6-12 Sunday/Monday if it stays just cold enough, another 6+ Wednesday/Thursday (that one looks good at a week lead time), and then it gets cold so it'll probably snow more beyond.  After tonight's system, the next 2 are projected to be pretty  juicy and strong coastal lows.  The tenor of the winter could change greatly a week from now.  Of course, that might not work out, but it likely will not too far north of here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

The next 10 days or so, if they tilt slightly colder could put my area on track to exceed average.  I mean 6-8 with this system, 6-12 Sunday/Monday if it stays just cold enough, another 6+ Wednesday/Thursday (that one looks good at a week lead time), and then it gets cold so it'll probably snow more beyond.  After tonight's system, the next 2 are projected to be pretty  juicy and strong coastal lows.  The tenor of the winter could change greatly a week from now.  Of course, that might not work out, but it likely will not too far north of here.

06z EPS ticked a couple east on the track from the 0z run, So the monday system is starting to look better for some of us coastal plain dwellers down into CNE at the moment, If all things broke right, 24"+ in the next 10 days is not out of the question in most all areas that stay mainly snow.

• Like 2