Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

25 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Someone’s getting 50” the next 7 days and it won’t be us that’s for sure! If we can somehow get 6”+ the next 7 days that’s a win down here in the tropics. 

Was driving around your area today, it felt/looked like November. Not a single snowpile to be found, in any shopping center. There are at least some old piles that are hanging on, but nothing to be seen. Definitely not a mid January vibe, thats for sure. Hopefully one of these storms work out. I am sure Buffalo will pick up another 4-6 feet though....

45 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Someone’s getting 50” the next 7 days and it won’t be us that’s for sure! If we can somehow get 6”+ the next 7 days that’s a win down here in the tropics. 

Cyndi Lauper winter, time after time.  Great 80's listen when the pitter-patter starts on the windows, the snowpack is barely established and driving rains are inbound

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Was driving around your area today, it felt/looked like November. Not a single snowpile to be found, in any shopping center. There are at least some old piles that are hanging on, but nothing to be seen. Definitely not a mid January vibe, thats for sure. Hopefully one of these storms work out. I am sure Buffalo will pick up another 4-6 feet though....

Where are there piles hanging on? 

2 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I don’t even have expectations for the next week. I just know we’re probably cooked for normal snow here and the winter is certainly irredeemable to me if we go 0/3. 

4 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Lololol .. George, I love your reverse psychology. It will snow. If it doesn't snow for the rest of this winter, it will snow next winter. If doesn't snow next winter. It will snow the winter after. The point is it will snow again, and I think sooner than later. You don't have to make yourself and talk yourself into loving a rainstorm because you're so frustrated and fed up with rain after rain after rain. 

How with that said, I have a rain gauge and a little weather station outside and I love it because it shows me inside what we've seen. Whether it be rain or snow. That's really cool to know.

I read this as so english

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Only thing that I am willing to concede is that my timing was off.....really feeling like we culminate this interior orgy with a coastal coming out party, then thaw again in February before shit goes down again for March.

Active pattern through the remainder of the season I think.

10 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

Interesting please expand, both good years in N vt but one epic

image.png.7791bf9fe5c06d8c5458b4cba8b052eb.png

image.png.904c4db8d81944516d33939d76a496b9.png

Looking at some of the strat stuff, I'm getting a bit more confident that I have the right idea for March. I feel like January the thaw just came earlier than I thought, and obviously the month was just much milder...I had around normal. The pac jet just dominated the month. I expected it to be an issue this season, but didn't expect January to be so mild. February maybe colder then I had to off set it a bit.

• Like 1

Gfs is just brutal even for the inland areas except for interior New England and lakes.

This is pretty sad

Gfs is just brutal even for the inland areas except for interior New England and lakes.

This is pretty sad

It was never a good snow pattern for the NYC metro area despite what some people were telling you. The hypesters fooled you again. They play you like a $3 dollar horn. And you fall for it everytime

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

It was never a good snow pattern for the NYC metro area despite what some people were telling you. The hypesters fooled you again. They play you like a $3 dollar horn. And you fall for it everytime

Did the pattern occur? Go back to sleep.