• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

How much snow has NYC had total so far since November? I’m trying to find the number. How about the average for temps since November?

Sorry, I’m too tired to look it up right now with all the awesome potential and great patterns I’ve been digging out from the last 3 months….
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

I got a cold back in late sept, tested negative 4 or 5 times over a 10 day period.  Still have sinus and inner ear congestion 3+ months later.  No sore throat or fever or aches or anything.  Did a round of antibiotics last week, and now on a daily dose of strong decongestants and zyrtec, because my doc thinks it's just out of control allergies.  But I do get the vertigo at times because my inner ears are so congested.  Now I wonder if these are just long covid symptoms and not allergies.  Never had anything like this in my life, but I do always get bad fall allergies, which are more itchy eyes and sneezing.

yeah could be allergies, I'd trust the doctor on that.  many of my allergies didn't show up until I got older, same with family.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

yeah could be allergies, I'd trust the doctor on that.  many of my allergies didn't show up until I got older, same with family.

I’m Hoping you feel better soon Tiger.  I finally was able to get a good nights rest last night, and gonna try to get myself up and moving some today, since I’ve been laid up since Friday afternoon.  Health is Wealth(Ben Franklin) as they say…and you really realize that when you’re down and out. Can’t enjoy anything when you’re not feeling well.  Wishing you the best. 

Wolfie. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m Hoping you feel better soon Tiger.  I finally was able to get a good nights rest last night, and gonna try to get myself up and moving some today, since I’ve been laid up since Friday afternoon.  Health is Wealth(Ben Franklin) as they say…and you really realize that when you’re down and out. Can’t enjoy anything when you’re not feeling well.  Wishing you the best. 

Wolfie. 

thanks, you as well. I'm much better now than 5 days or so ago, just lingering tiredness and congestion etc. BTW another reason I'm not a winter guy, cold/flu/vid season is horrid. ;p

• Like 1

Just now, Torch Tiger said:

thanks, you as well. I'm much better now than 5 days or so ago, just lingering tiredness. BTW another reason I'm not a winter guy, cold/flu/vid season is horrid. ;p

Ya, I can understand that. The tiredness lingers. Funny when you said almost 3 yrs ago to the day. I got covid almost exactly a year ago last year. Had Covid last year on Martin Luther king day weekend, and now a year later, same thing. WTF?  

• Sad 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The eps is warm dude. That is not trolling. 

Eveyone has lost it.

They look like shit for SNE, mountains look fine. 

That system was always a dung sandwich for everyone outside of NNE, unless you bought a few of the rogue OP runs.

We knew those runs giving ray big snows were wrong.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

They look like shit for SNE, mountains look fine. 

That system was always a dung sandwich for everyone outside of NNE, unless you bought a few of the rogue OP runs.

We knew those runs giving ray big snows were wrong.

It’s got the 850 0C line to Conway. They’ll get some snow, but it’s borderline. I’m just pointing it out. It’s not a forecast or trolling. 

If you want my forecast, I’d say they’ll get some snow in the front end, probably at least a few inches. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s got the 850 0C line to Conway. They’ll get some snow, but it’s borderline. I’m just pointing it out. It’s not a forecast or trolling. 

If you want my forecast, I’d say they’ll get some snow in the front end, probably at least a few inches. 

I’m fairly optimistic that if that system materializes, they’ll get several inches up there. Maybe nothing crazy, but probably a solid advisory event anyway.

just trying to avoid the big Rainer.

and we kid, I’m just busting, nothing serious 

3 hours ago, Hoth said:

You bet more reliable results if you swab the back of your cheek or throat instead of your nasal cavity. I tested negative using a nasal swab, but lit up like a Christmas tree when I did the back of my mouth.

Yeah I don't carry any illusions about whether I had it or not. 

I had some early-on Omicron thing back last April, like everyone else ... in spite of being squared away with immunization protocols.  It struck me on the second day nigh my sister's death at the hands of an aggressive form of cancer. Like who has a week like that?  Maybe someone eastern Ukraine?  It was a mild head cold, otherwise felt a little lethargic maybe. Really nothing to write the relatives over...lasted all of 4 days. I tried to reengage with normal life, which is daily ( almost ) regimen of cycling ...running..etc but my right knee locked up. Just woke up out of the blue with half immobilization and lot of pain.  Turned out, joint stiffening is descriptive in the Omicron symptoms - or can be.  It took me about 1.5 months to get back to regular work outs, and to this day...I still feel I've lost something and haven't gotten it back. 

Since then there have been other sub-variants.  This latest identified,XBB1.5, is so-called, "immune evasive" - sounds like hyperbole BS to me, if not marketing.  All of them are evasive at first... Oh but I'm sure that gave the "COVID industry" a little more longevity.  This may be kind of a simpleton question but, if it is evading than it is not producing antigens ( right?) ...wouldn't that cause these home rapid test kits to become even more less useful? 

The COVID story likely never ends ... More like fades away from public interest by acceptance.  It'll be impossible to catalogue, if not unnecessary due to the attenuation arc. The mutation tree becomes too diverse. Eventually "medicine" and media will disconnect because the latter can make more money selling celebrity affairs - you know, the actual important stuff.  Yup, our species is destined to live in an ambrosia of variants ...   

You know...I can't recall the exact percentage but I think close to 50% of the human genome has ERVs ( indigenous retro-viruses) now permanently a part of our species heredity.  50%.  The survivors of "millennial COVIDs" transmitting their saga a 1,000 nth generations henceforth...  Kind of makes you wonder when your looking into your sig others eyes in the afterglow of a good orgasm, 'what did I just make love to?'  ..hahahaha.  

• Like 3