Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lets not get hyperbolic....after a summer GTG on the golf course with me, Bob, and a few edibles with Ginxy meeting us for a beer afterwards, I will enamor you with tales of Feb 5, 2001 to Jan 12, 2011 to even Feb 1983 if we have to stoop to such levels.... you'll be ready to run through a wall again searching for that W CT HECS.

Lol very true. I’ll never stop searching for the wct hecs but I would have to log off the board until it happens. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That storm dumped around 2' at ORH though....wasn't just a SE MA thing.

Yeah it hammered almost all of E MA from ORH eastward. There was a pretty good gradient just west of ORH though where the dryslot was able to punch in from the SW and they also didn’t get some of the heaviest bands that developed at the height of the storm. That CCB band at the end collapsing SE that dumped like 8” in two hours is what put it over the top from a run-of-the-mill 15 incher to a 2 footer. Further west missed most of that band. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya that January 05 event shafted us here…sucked. 8-10” of Arctic sand. 

2" of dust at near-zero temp here.  Thru the first week of February, we had yet to get a 4" event.  Then 10th-11th broke the schneid with 21" and a bit of thunder.

Clouds and low 30s hung tough here, though the clouds thinned enough for a brief rosy sunset.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Yea that TPV piece I mentioned was too far west.

Check out these differences though between GFS/Euro.

Pretty substantial for day 5-6
093b6886127dca2d350d0cab523af571.gif

19/20's in danger of getting damped right out of existence altogether.

it occurs to me, the models with more power in that S/W are taking them west...the ones trying to shear it out are south.  Just an observation,.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lets not get hyperbolic....after a summer GTG on the golf course with me, Bob, and a few edibles with Ginxy meeting us for a beer afterwards, I will enamor you with tales of Feb 5, 2001 to Jan 12, 2011 to even Feb 1983 if we have to stoop to such levels.... you'll be ready to run through a wall again searching for that W CT HECS.

I am driving the cart, passing out the beers and the nuggets

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

19/20's in danger of getting damped right out of existence altogether.

it occurs to me, the models with more power in that S/W are taking them west...the ones trying to shear it out are south.  Just an observation,.

Pretty much the ole ..“the pattern sucks let’s see how the Models can show us the ways” 

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya that January 05 event shafted us here…sucked. 8-10” of Arctic sand. 

yeah that sucked, the SB storm did that to me I think in 2015 too, might be wrong on the year tho, anyway, I'm now in Harrisburg VA next to James Madison U for the night and it's about 15F colder here now than when I left Winsted this morning... serious severe outbreak just south of here this morning I see... I'll be in Soflo tomorrow with updates of palms in the breeze while I watch what happens home...

It seems like the pattern always looks good until we get to that one OP run at like day 6 that manufactures a way to cut...everyone engages in their own internal self-talk therapy session and walks away convinced that its just an OP run doing OP run things...then over the next 2 days, everything trends towards said solution like a shit seeking torpedo. 

PV dips to San Diego...rinse, repeat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1