Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It truly seems like we basically get one favorable run for a storm about 7-8 days out and then it immediately goes to shit and locks in for the next 6 days.

the 6z gfs has a nice snowstorm for central and NNE next Thursday into Friday and since then it has trended into basically a weak fropa/cutter that has moved 1000 miles NW and the confluence has disappeared into thin air in two runs.

Has been a lot of METS and others being optimistic today , by now we should all know the rate things have been going, I will wait till something is 48 hours or a bit more out. But I am optimistic ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

Yeah, we all noticed that improving sun angle today

Dumb post.…see you’re trolling like usual. Did the sun angle feel good on 12/1? A week later on 12/8 was the earliest sunset, so the 12/1 sun angle was weak as can be. 

Why you feel the need to troll and prod is sad. We’re about at(or very close) peak winter climo, and you feel the need to needle with nonsense like that. 

Sad. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It truly seems like we basically get one favorable run for a storm about 7-8 days out and then it immediately goes to shit and locks in for the next 6 days.

the 6z gfs has a nice snowstorm for central and NNE next Thursday into Friday and since then it has trended into basically a weak fropa/cutter that has moved 1000 miles NW and the confluence has disappeared into thin air in two runs.

Because that’s what op runs do. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Dumb post.…see you’re trolling like usual. Did the sun angle feel good on 12/1? A week later on 12/8 was the earliest sunset, so the 12/1 sun angle was weak as can be. 

Why you feel the need to troll and prod is sad. We’re about at(or very close) peak winter climo, and you feel the need to needle with nonsense like that. 

Sad. 

What is sad?  I like sun and sunlight/exposure, yes I was happy with the weather today.  A bright day on 12/1 is better than a dark, cloudy day on 12/20

Tiger-vs-Wolf-1280x720-1-1024x576.jpg

• Haha 5

Just now, Torch Tiger said:

What is sad?  I like sun and sunlight/exposure, yes I was happy with the weather today.  A bright day on 12/1 is better than a dark, cloudy day on 12/20

Tiger-vs-Wolf-1280x720-1-1024x576.jpg

What was dumb was that you said the sun angle is better, we all felt it. That was dumb.  

Now I have to agree with you about being happy with the weather, and Light and sun is better than cloudy at this time of the year for phycological purposes:feelings and well-being(especially if folks have SAD), or something like it. 

But you were looking for a rise out of folks.  You knew the sun angle BS would do it. knew it would cause a quick and spirited response. You did it to needle folks(that’s what a troll does)That’s what’s sad.    

Should have just said what you just did to me, and then we would have known you were being sincere. But you didn’t. But whatever. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

What was dumb was that you said the sun angle is better, we all felt it. That was dumb.  

Now I have to agree with you about being happy with the weather, and Light and sun is better than cloudy at this time of the year for phycological purposes:feelings and well-being(especially if folks have SAD), or something like it. 

But you were looking for a rise out of folks.  You knew the sun angle BS would do it. knew it would cause a quick and spirited response. You did it to needle folks(that’s what a troll does)That’s what’s sad.    

Should have just said what you just did to me, and then we would have known you were being sincere. But you didn’t. But whatever. 

I wish I knew what happened to him. Bullied? Touched? We’ll never know. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

What's the RGEM doing at 84? Might be worth keeping an eye on that 2ndary wave that forms offshore Sunday. Not sure there is much room though with the ridge axis pushing east. 

There’s been hints of that off and on across guidance but it has not been consistent enough to seriously consider it. We’ll keep one eye half open though just in case something actually breaks favorably for someone in sne.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol I sort of laugh though Wolfie.  You give him everything you said he was looking for.

He went fishing and caught a wolf.  Not sure if 1717 can find a meme for that though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s a lot easier to get a shit solution than to have a 50 mile wide window to get hit with snow. A storm can go hundreds of miles west and still give you a shit solution. 

I had a graphic years ago showing the acreage and aerial extent of the “snow zone” vs a “rain zone” on a storm cutting to the Lakes.  Like 1/3rd of the US would see rain from it, but like 1/150th of the US would see decent snow from that same system.  Take numbers with grain of salt but just showed how hitting the “snow zone” was so hard to thread the needle while everyone east of Mississippi would see rain from the system.