Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

GEFS has a WAR throughout the entire run. EPS looks pretty cooked as well though better than GEFS

gfs-ens_T2ma_us_fh228-264.thumb.gif.5141de293169d7c6f1852491d1306e3c.gif

January May go down as a Epic torch , and it’s almost comfortable outside with a light jacket . I’m fine , either way but would like ski resorts to recover . I’m sure I’ll have more to chase .

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro was pretty nice up north too. Ski trip saved?

We hope. Drive up on Thursday afternoon would suck, but a small price to pay.

It’s taken my wife like 8+ years to want to try skiing again after she got hurt. I’m just worried the conditions would be so dog shit she’d never want to go agai .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Good thing it only goes out 10 days and there are 3.  I thought only weenies take day 10 euro verbatim? 

And this is how you know it’s nothing but an agenda!  Can’t even get the days right that a model goes out, and can’t count the number of storms…even if they are in fantasy land. But when folks post something out 8-10 days that looks decent, they get made fun of by this troll. What a Complete clown that guy is.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s taken my wife like 8+ years to want to try skiing again after she got hurt. I’m just worried the conditions would be so dog shit she’d never want to go agai .

I can understand your angst…but how bout just thinking a lil positive at this point. You can’t control the weather/or the conditions. She knows this. You both will enjoy the weekend trip no matter what. So just go with it, and have a great time regardless of the conditions.   And maybe Mother Nature will smile upon your trip after all. It’ll be a good time…that’s a guarantee.  Stop putting undo pressure on yourself. 

• Like 1

The pattern changing and the potential to succeed is all very real, guys.

I realize there’s sarcasm and low patience - related blow back but … whether the new paradigm actually rolls eyes back in a d-drip winter event in the models or not, bears no relevancy to whether that happens. 

Having said that … regime changes can be led and/or exit with events.  It seems there is prelim attempt to do so … but it could also be rain/west tracked ordeal just the same  

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro was pretty nice up north too. Ski trip saved?

Was really surprised after our last rain storm on well man made snow held up  at Wachusett and conditions were not too bad….Got to assume they have made more snow since then and will be able to make snow this weekend as conditions allow

2 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Was really surprised after our last rain storm on well man made snow held up  at Wachusett and conditions were not too bad….Got to assume they have made more snow since then and will be able to make snow this weekend as conditions allow

WaWa has always had exceptional snow making....I remember how well they kept their trails open back in the early 1990s during some of those torchy horrific winters. I took it for granted at the time, but looking back, it was impressive how well they kept coverage on the mountain.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I can understand your angst…but how bout just thinking a lil positive at this point. You can’t control the weather/or the conditions. She knows this. You both will enjoy the weekend trip no matter what. So just go with it, and have a great time regardless of the conditions.   And maybe Mother Nature will smile upon your trip after all. It’ll be a good time…that’s a guarantee.  Stop putting undo pressure on yourself. 

You have the hilarious ability to provide level headed and calming words of wisdom in one post, then turn around and viciously rip off limbs in other posts. 

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The pattern changing and the potential to succeed is all very real, guys.

I realize there’s sarcasm and low patience - related blow back but … whether the new paradigm actually rolls eyes back in a d-drip winter event in the models or not, bears no relevancy to whether that happens. 

Having said that … regime changes can be led and/or exit with events.  It seems there is prelim attempt to do so … but it could also be rain/west tracked ordeal just the same  

Well you have a few that constantly post warm temp anomalies, to try and show it’s not real, even though they do it just before, or just as the new regime actually takes hold.  That’s not helping things.  I do completely get the skepticism due to our snakebit state at the moment.  We gotta see the whites of its eyes to know for sure it is legit. 

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I'll believe it when I see it. I'd be happy if we just torched the rest of the way instead of following false threats and promises. 

I can Understand skepticism. But This is not a logical course on 1/11.  You know there’s no guarantees, there never is. But if this keeps showing up, the legitimacy becomes greater too.  It could certainly fail, but your wording is not logical when you say the word promises. There are no promises period.  All one can do is hope for a decent pattern, and get some decent chances. That’s it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I hear that. We took a friends wife on her first snowmobiling trip during an extreme arctic outbreak several years back, I think one day had a high of -5... she was NOT impressed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Well .. I did have that " ONE " 5" snow event in mid December. I remember thinking that this would be the start of something real good for the rest of December. What a let down lol. But it was freezing cold at Christmas

I average about 63" per season....and am going to head into latter January with my largest event on the season being 1.5".

Let that sink in...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well you have a few that constantly post warm temp anomalies, to try and show it’s not real, even though they do it just before, or just as the new regime actually takes hold.  That’s not helping things.  I do completely get the skepticism due to our snakebit state at the moment.  We gotta see the whites of its eyes to know for sure it is legit. 

I can Understand skepticism. But This is not a logical course on 1/11.  You know there’s no guarantees, there never is. But if this keeps showing up, the legitimacy becomes greater too.  It could certainly fail, but your wording is not logical when you say the word promises. There are no promises period.  All one can do is hope for a decent pattern, and get some decent chances. That’s it. 

Completely agree.  Trying to control things you can't will always lead to disappointment.  And let's be honest, there's no one on here who would be pissed if their ratter winter got ruined by a two foot blizzard.  It's an emotional response.  You don't stumble onto a New England Weather forum because you hate snow; no matter what games some people play.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Completely agree.  Trying to control things you can't will always lead to disappointment.  And let's be honest, there's no one on here who would be pissed if their ratter winter got ruined by a two foot blizzard.  It's an emotional response.  You don't stumble onto a New England Weather forum because you hate snow; no matter what games some people play.

Great post. 

4 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

I think there a few on this site who really do.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

WaWa has always had exceptional snow making....I remember how well they kept their trails open back in the early 1990s during some of those torchy horrific winters. I took it for granted at the time, but looking back, it was impressive how well they kept coverage on the mountain.

They have been blasting since last night.  They should still be in good shape after Friday.  Not ideal, but plenty of trails open and coverage.

They basically doubled their snowmaking ability around 10 years ao (5?).  It is super impressive now.   When they choose to do it... at times they are cheap about it