Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

8 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

It’s all kinda backward. Usually mets complain about amateurs not using H5 enough; I think most lately are guilty of not testing those juicy H5 depictions by seeing what the model output is showing at those same hrs @ 850 and below. 

Red flags. 

You posted a different time when the predicted new pattern was in its infancy.  Roll forward from that point to the end and you get a different picture.  To effectively match what Brooklyn posted show 312

955608E8-D918-433B-A997-D44F7EF5DF42.png

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Meh…d12 mean. No need to sweat the details at this point…especially the surface. There’s probably a few cutters in there driving up the 2m temps. It doesn’t need to be perfect to snow in January.

Right, Just needs to be below 32°F when it does.

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I ain’t biting on the new pattern anyway until we’re closer. It’s primarily PAC-driven so Bruce Willis caution flags are out. 

I buy it to an extent but I agree with the Pope that even if we get it, it’s not a good pattern for SNE. The ridge axis scares me, and the blocking looks weak, too weak to stop storms from running inland. Hopefully Ray is right about the big finish in March.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

I buy it to an extent but I agree with the Pope that even if we get it, it’s not a good pattern for SNE. The ridge axis scares me, and the blocking looks weak, too weak to stop storms from running inland. Hopefully Ray is right about the big finish in March.

It’s fine as depicted.

It’ll morph as these things always do as we close in…for the better, or for the worse. So don’t get too worried. 

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Persistence is the easy forecast at this point.  Everyone knows it.  The real skill though is always the one who can figure out when to break from persistence.

Right…the ol’ saying about persistence is you are right until the stakes are highest and then you’re very wrong. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Remember when things were supposed to turn around after the 10th 

Can kicked yet again 

Boy who cried wolf syndrome in full effect 

Well the 10th is today, and this new look is after today…so in a sense it’s not wrong lol.

Hey, never any guarantees, so just have to see if this idea holds another few days. If it doesn’t, so be it.